My SRC G36C is shooting slightly to the right

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive only just got my G36C and straight out of the box it is firing slightly righgt. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Its nothing major, just about 3 inches to the right at 40ish foot but still should it be doing that? Thanks for any help and advise :)

Ok, I cleaned it twise, let off about 20 shots and then did 5 precision shots on a tea towel. This was at aproximatly 40ft, I aimed slightly left of the red area (was hard to place the red circle) and the green circles are where the rounds hit (no idea where the 5th round went, an anomaly I suppose). Its definitely not my aiming too. Anyway is this within and airsoft gun's specification? or is there something wrong with it?

post-2280-1317241704_thumb.jpg

Either you've got some wind making your shots stray, or your hop nub is sat at an angle. If it's not centred the bb will curve at range. I'd take apart the hop unit and have a look

Ive got 28 days left of my warenty, and I'm pretty sure this will void it. What you think? I mean it defiantly is useable as its not that bad, shall I just bite the bullet and just open it up myself?

In that case, don't touch it. Take it back if you're not entirely happy with it and get them to look at it, but I wouldn't get a new one.

You've got a warrenty there, so why not make use of it?

well the only problem with that is that I live in portsmouth and I got it from wolf armouries (in london) I think I'll just pay combat south to look at it, they've have been really really helpfull so far.

I wasnt really unhappy really just wondering if this was within the norm of an airsoft guns performance. i have tryed ajusting the sights and it hasnt mad much of a difference but at the end of the day you dont really use the iron sights much anyway :)

Look at the way you are holding the rifle, if you are not holding it completely straight then you can get the bb's to bend.

Looking at your grouping, your hop is fine and you have consistant shots and if you have only just got it then you need to bed the hop in with around 500 rounds or so to make a judgement but I would say the following:

1: you are not holding the rifle straight and it is held slight canted left in your arms

(pulling gun to you to look down the sights rather than leaning over the gun to look down the sights)

2: its windy, yep a bit of wind can effect bb's quite easily, which is why lots of people use .25's as they are less affected than .2's

3: sights are out, but you have adjusted them.

4: hop nub is in slightly misaligned (worst case scenario here and would involve opening it up and giving it a twist)

5: barrel is slightly twisted. Easy to do, and have done it myself. Open up the case of the gun and have a look at the hop unit, does it look stright up (don't know if SRC's are screwed in or not) If it is not screwed in then give it a slight twist to the left, only a little and then try it again.

I would seriously look at option 1 though, look at the way you are holding it, or get someone to look at you while you are holding it, before you get into taking it apart. Airsoft guns arn't like real guns and twisitng can really mess up performance.

hope it helps

thanks, but Ive kind of fixed it. I just adjusted the sights all the way to the left and it seems pretty straight on. Going back to your points, 1 Its on the ground and im using a Bipod 2 I'm using 0.25 in a very small garden with high walls (I shoot all the way through my house and the garden about 50ft) 3 Yer, thats kind of fixed it. 4 & 5 One of these seems to be the problem to be honest, is it worth opening it up? Anyway thanks for all the advise, very useful :)

I wouldn't really trust bipods, on my M700 it wasn't sat squarely so it tilted the entire rifle, so when a friend tried to set up my scope... Yeah, don't just assume that your bipod is level.

Archived