Semi auto sniper

Bulld0g
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi, i am getting back into sniping ( ever since my leg has been 'playing up' ) and i wouuld like a electric sniper rifle

(basicallly long range aeg) and was wondering if someone knew some under the price of £230 because i am attenting Elitaction games at dorking and the map is 250 acres big so its perfect for sniping also i do not want to attempt to upgrade my gun myself ( being a clumsy div) so if you can help out i woulod be grateful

• Supporters

Aeg Snipers (for the most part) are a waste of time.

You'll need at least £500 to make a good sniper no matter what platform you use, gas, spring or electric.

An electric rifles will never be as consitsant as a spring one or as accurate, or have as good range.

The best u can do is buy a tm VSR10.

If it has to be an aeg, get a standard g&p m4 save up more money and make a dmr out of it. It's not a Snipers rifle but can still be effective at longer ranges on semi.

cheers hopefully it should be better than a kwa m4 that i decided not to buy

• Supporters

I wouldn't swap my g&p for the world. Whack in a new hop rubber and new inner barrel- (not needed really buy every little helps)

the hop rubber really does help a lot, hence why I'm buying another new one :)

Mine pretty much stock internally, apart from the piston and gears, I'm waiting on the new hop rubber so I can go back to my tightbore ;).

But even without internal upgrades it still has decent range and good accuracy.

• Supporters

What rubber & barrel you got in your G&P?

• Supporters

I'm thinking getting MadBull hop unit, rubber and barrel for my M4. Plus some other internal upgrades that it badly needs :L

Let me give you a tip the madbull stuff is good dont get me wrong, but the systema hop rubber is far better, and the Prometheus tight bores are the best you can get.

But I would have to agree with marksmen here that AEG, really dont make good sniper rifles they are more of a mid range DMR. Personally one of the best platforms to build a DMR off would be a M4 or a M14. M14 wouldnt need as much money on it, but still need upgrades. Also remember if you are going to run this DMR at 450FPS (most sights allow, check your before hand tho) you need to lock the gun into semi auto. Spring sniper rifle are allowed up to 500FPS, most people say power isn't everything well you tell that to any sniper, why run it at 350 if you can have 150FPS extra on top of that and out range every AEG on the field?

• Supporters

The point is, on a normal aeg, power won't make much of a difference. However a boost of 150 is significant enough to gain from. But you won't get a huge boost and certainly Wong outrange every aeg

Systema hop rubber? I bought a load to find the best a while back, systema was one of the worse (like most of their internal parts) madbull, prommy, guarder and tm were all better

Archived