In the army

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi their im going into the army soon as a infrantry soldier.is there anybody who has any tips for me and also if you have served in the army,raf or navy please write you name, rank,squadron/battlion and what job you did. I.e marine,mortarteam

Nice one when do you leave? Im going infantry but as i had a back issue a while ago ive got to do a 3 month fitness diary starting this evening with some loaded hillwalking. Just going to mark where my car is on the gps and f**k off accross the downs for a few hours.

Im kinda glad really as being a southern softy i didnt fancy catterick during winter :P

get in to the habit of cleaning your room ironing your clothes and polishing your boot don't call a NCO sir they don't take it well and bayonet training is extremely tough good luck

2nd lieutenant

3 para a coy - 2 years

1 bt royal irish a coy - 2 years

32nd signal regiment - 1 year

Don't take it personally. Switch your emotions off and just do it, whatever it is. Whatever you are doing try your best, they will know when you are not trying and will reward you accordingly.

Ex RAF, rest of it that's my business as it will mean sod all to you.

• Supporters

Yea watch frontlines and young soldiers i was up for combat engineer but i saw the training in that and thought f that im gonna hold out for the airforce and try join the MERT team

Nice one when do you leave? Im going infantry but as i had a back issue a while ago ive got to do a 3 month fitness diary starting this evening with some loaded hillwalking. Just going to mark where my car is on the gps and f**k off accross the downs for a few hours.

Im kinda glad really as being a southern softy i didnt fancy catterick during winter :P

I dont know if im going catterick yet.good luck with the fitness

get in to the habit of cleaning your room ironing your clothes and polishing your boot don't call a NCO sir they don't take it well and bayonet training is extremely tough good luck

2nd lieutenant

3 para a coy - 2 years

1 bt royal irish a coy - 2 years

32nd signal regiment - 1 year

do you know whats involved in the phase 1 training so i can train for it? I was in the cadets for 2 years,okay its 100 times easier than the army but it gave me a insight which will help such as polishing boots,stripping down the sa80 (not the cadet gp)and the lsw and cleaning it.

Yea watch frontlines and young soldiers i was up for combat engineer but i saw the training in that and thought f that im gonna hold out for the airforce and try join the MERT team
ive watched both of them

And go in the navy in the naval strike wing.no going on ship just being a aircraft engineer.

• Supporters

Lol i forgot to say i passed the airman test for regiment gunner basically same thing as infantry just designated special forces and i said hold out because i have braces and therefore have to wait until their out :-(

• Supporters

I've been watching sandhurst and young soldiers, both are pretty good.

Im not in the forces (yet) but my dad's in the army. He's on a course in swindon at the moment but he has been in 7th para, 12th regt ra, 26th regt ra but that's all I can remember :P

I dont know if im going catterick yet

Correct me if im wrong but i thought that as of 2002 all infantry recruits are sent to catterick unless your going in for officer and have done your phase 1 at sandhurst in which case you may get sent to Infantry battle school in brecon.

I may be wrong though.

tried to join but failed........even underwent minor surgery to qualify getting in.......although i supprised the Sgt at the rct office as i was offered 500 decent paying jobs but i always chose infantry.

general rule when joining, go for the position which you feel suits you. go into what you can see your self enjoying. other wise it will be hell.

think if my self employment falls though then im going to try again for PWRR

there's a wee forum you have to fill out and one of the questions says how much do you drink blaa blaa blaa but the question below it say's do you think you could drink less and by how much DON'T say "yes i could stop drinking all together" if you do then you will spend the next session will be with a shrink.

oh and don't call him a mong

there's a wee forum you have to fill out and one of the questions says how much do you drink blaa blaa blaa but the question below it say's do you think you could drink less and by how much DON'T say "yes i could stop drinking all together" if you do then you will spend the next session will be with a shrink.

oh and don't call him a mong

Also when you do the medical weekend.......dont steal the bunk of the Doctor because all the bottom bunks were taken and it was as simple as throwing his gear on the pit above you.......

as when he takes your blood the next day he may take a few tries to do so....

Archived