right then, speed of light

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As im sure most of you will have heard one way or another, that the speed of light has been broken by neutrino's from cern in Switzerland to Italy.

Obviously there needs to be rechecks and tests etc to find out the validity of the results which will happen i in due course.

I think one of the main things is that people don't understand the significance of it if it did happen. Einsteins work will be wrong and it'll disprove everything we think we know.

What do people think about this, do you think its possible or not. Of course there is a huge chance of a mistake pt something but what do.you guys think?

• Supporters

I think its good we now know that even einstein could have made a mistake but maybe its bad as we could descend into anarchy because it challenges everything we have ever defined against the speed of light

• Supporters

As unlikely as this is i'm not surprised by this. There's a reason why we call it theoretical physics we dont know jack we just think we do. Only so much of what we so call know to be true ether can't be tested yet or can only be tested so far

Here are some things we only found out in the last 10 to 20 year

There is a big ass black hole at the center of are galaxy

There maybe more than 10 times as many earth like planets as we believed

There is water on the moon

And kennedy was not killed by a magic bullet it was just a bad understanding of the Crime Scene

One of my favorite things is when i'm watching astronomy documentary and thay use the words "the laws of physics cease to apply" F*** YOU the laws of physics dont just fail its are undersenting of the laws that fails, when it come to the laws of physics I like to compare us to lawyers with art degrees we still have some way to go, Lets face it the human race is still in its infancy it wasn't that long ago we all knew for a fact the world was flat

If its confirmed it will be an important step forward in our understanding of the universe, Yes this will lead to a rethink on what we take as facts but that's all part of science

ITS PARTY TIME because we as a people are not a ignorant as we were yesterday :) lets have a we broke the lightspeed barrier skirmish the teams are neutrinos and antineutrinos

• Supporters

Guys my maths capeabilites are reflected in my grades and the fact ask me to count to 50 and ill forget what come after 31! Unless it concerns money of course

Time=Speed of light.

In theory if you were to move faster then light you would catch up with Old and aged Light and would then be able to view the past.

Also you could not observe soemthing that moves faster then light, as we should all know, the second you observe something the route in which it takes will change.

Besides although Einstein had a lot of sound theorys, there was many which he deemed nonsense which he was proven wrong, Matrix mechanics for example.

• Supporters

I agree with dev and nex, I doubt it, there ea probably a degree of human error or other variables.

However, it would be interesting if it is- the next 1+ years will be interesting.

I think the best we can do is wait for tests from cern and hopefully from other facilities who could do the same tests

Archived