HELP PLEASE!

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi guys so i know some of you guys are PC gamers i assume you build your own setups so ill ask you guys

for help now i can program fairly well i got an A in computing but unfortunately no actual building skills were given and the last time i built my own computer i was 14 and my grandad done most of it with me looking over his shoulder so i need help building one like parts that will work together and i dont need an optical drive i just want to be able to game on it nothing super fancy and hopefully less than 500 vut with the possibility to upgrade as my cash flow settles

Heres the site im lookin at right now www.kustompcs.co.uk

• AF-UK Founding Member

Use these for parts if I was you, just what I always go with:

www.ebuyer.com

www.novatech.co.uk

www.overclockers.co.uk

www.dabs.com

Do you need a case, monitor, keyboard, mouse speakers in that £500?

Do you want Intel or AMD, and do you want nVidia or AMD(ATi)?

• Supporters

I dont need a monitor keyboard mouse or speakers im not that deluded

And i recognise the names and such but as i said Dev ive not dabbled since i was 14 so its all lost meaning to me im afraid i dont mind going a little over 500 though

• Supporters

www.scan.co.uk good for parts to

You dont need to spend a lot of money for a good rig but I would go with G.Skill Ripjaws, asus mobo and a SSD for windos then install your programs on a HDD and you will get gr8 speeds, as for your cpu you dont need super high end to play games I still use my Q6600 and I have not even had to OC it yet :)

b4 you get your rig you may wont to look at Onlive it coming to the UK at the end of the week and could be the beginning of the end for graphics cards

• AF-UK Founding Member

Personally for your budget and what you want to do I wouldn't do the above, you don't need it running super fast, just to play games well hence, an i3 dual core will be fine, I'd get an ASUS mobo as suggested, I only buy Corsair RAM personally, you need to spend decent money on a PSU, this is what powers your system, if you cheap out it WILL come back to bite you. SSD's are great but you can't really afford one and quite a lot of them have reliability issues. You will be fine with a standard 7200rpm drive from WD or Seagate. Case is personal preference it doesn't really matter. Graphics wise my preference is nVidia and then from EVGA since they are pretty much the best. You can get a fast EVGA GTX 560Ti for about £200.

A lot of it is personal preference but that is just what I'd do. Focus on getting quality components from the above manufactures. If you go for decent manufacturers cheapest models you might end up with a bit more to spend on the graphics (what matters most for you), but it is doubtful.

• Supporters

Im with Devastator on all points but one the cpu dont go dual core go quad core my reasoning is simply most gamers use there pc as media players, web browser and more and all at the same time (I know I do) on top of that more and more pc games are designed to utilizes a multi core processor

If you dont like that reasoning try this even gaming consoles have more then to core :P

Edit: Devastator I was the same Corsair RAM all the way but not only are G.Skill Ripjaws cheaper thay out proform corsair dominators look into it and give them a go sometime :)

• Supporters

Ok ill get a quad core then ill post the parts im thinking of buying on here to see what you guys say on wether or not its all compatible then. Although i might just get what i need to play battlefield 3 for all the 64 people fun and ditch my xbox hmm.

• Supporters
  • Supporters

Doubt you'll need the sound card with that motherboard, as it has all the sound outputs you'll need.

Mildly on topic (to those who tried to help me solve surround sound), I managed to solve my problems :). Problem was, I hadn't changed settings on the surround sound itself!

• Supporters

Sorry to threadjack, need a little help as I know nothing about pc's.

Is this enough to run bf3 smoothly?

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 2630QM (2.0Ghz, 6MB, 4C)

Operating System

English Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)

Display

14.1" (36 cm) Widescreen High Definition + (1600x900) WLED with TrueLife

Memory1

6GB1 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

Hard Drive

750GB2 SATA hard drive (7200RPM)

Sorry & thanks

• Supporters

Should be fine, but what graphics card?

• Supporters

Should do then, specs are here. Mine had better run it well, I have the GTX 460..

• Supporters

When you're building it, don't do what I did with mine and almost blow the thing up.

I connected two cables wrong - one should have blown the motherboard, graphics card and processor in one, if it had started up. The other would have blown those if I'd used an SD Card. The second one stopped it from starting up, so saved me there. My mate's uncle sorted it for me and works okay now, although there's something wrong with the network.

Get someone who knows what they're doing to watch over you, check it when you're done or build it for you.

• AF-UK Founding Member

You have a MASSIVE problem there. You have picked an AMD socket motherboard and an Intel processor (a now ancient one too). That will never ever work :lol: I don't rate the PSU much either.

Let know how much you want to spend and I'll put a build together for you with that case if you want.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Here's what I'd go for, it is £600.47 including next day - I always find myself having it because I don't like waiting :lol:

http://www.ebuyer.com/281367-asus-p8z68-v-...-atx-p8z68-v-lx

http://www.ebuyer.com/269108-intel-core-i5...d-bx80623i52310

http://www.ebuyer.com/173127-corsair-8gb-4...mx8gx3m4a1333c9

http://www.ebuyer.com/254405-asus-gtx-560t...i-dcii-2di-1gd5

http://www.ebuyer.com/263995-corsair-600w-...su-cmpsu-600guk

http://www.ebuyer.com/270739-wd-1tb-caviar...e-64mb-wd10earx

http://www.ebuyer.com/239059-casecom-5788-...r-120mm-km-5788

I assume you have your own windows disc, so haven't included that.

If you want to make it a few quid cheaper you can switch the RAM, graphics and CPU out to slightly not as good models/less preferable manufacturers, but honestly I wouldn't. You'd be well happy with that.

Archived