Hoot or Sanderson

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which character from Black hawk Down?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Hoot or Sanderson?

• Hoot
    • sanderson

Hi all,

okay I'm planning to get a black hawk down loadout.

I'm starting with the gun but not sure which character I should go with, Hoot or Sanderson?

any suggestions?

thanks

I don't have a M14

if you mean Gordon then its way too much work and far too expensive

yea I'll need a red dot, probably take the one off my air rifle,

but the question is is hoots gun cooler?

• Supporters

Do you want to paint it (hoot) or have it black (sanderson)? And planning on using aimpoint (Sanderson)?

Do you want to paint it (hoot) or have it black (sanderson)? And planning on using aimpoint (Sanderson)?

you see thats the question.

if i went for sanderson i would need carry handle rails, red dot

and for hoot I would need a paint job but in your opinion which one is better?

• Supporters

Well I've got hoots :) tbh I'd choose whichever has the cheaper character loadout ;) save yourself a bit of cash

yea and if i go for hoot i'd have to buy another handguard to spray

as i won't always want a dessie look.

any advice on a sanderson loadout?

also if your going for a proper sanderson you will need to carry a shotgun aswell to complete the look so could get quite bulky.

imo if your going bhd then its gorden or randy as they are the more iconic weapons of the film

i see what you meant about the two snipers but everyone does them and I'm not a massive fan and prefer the others.

I know the issue about the rem. 870 but thats just a technicality

• Supporters

I've got a question, why do you hear a lot about Gary Gordon compared to randy, I mean randy even has more screen time that gg.

I think randy has more of a story to him as well, has anyone read the letter from his wife to mike durant?

Would you simply put it down to more people owning armalites?

I think it may also be down to the fact that shughart is a lot harder to remember the gordon and i think a lot of poeple prefer his rifle.

he is also the one that requests to go in

i say UN loadout, or i could do that, ya know, Pakistani and all :P

Remember: Wheres the rescue party?

We're It!

:S

and:

You're locked and loaded....Gordies gone man, i'll be outside

(Mildly on topic, why did Durant say Wait just before he crashed and wait just before they took him to the allyway to protect them?)

i thought it'd be quite cool, i would do it, but only for CQB where Camo isnt as important!

• Supporters
That want hoot, that was ewen mcgregors character called grimsey- that was a cover name his real name was john stebbins

Grimes are you sure? I was thinking Grimes would be gr8 for Nickona then he can make us all coffee :P

You should do Delta Force SSG Busch.

He has always been my favorite - after barely surviving a crash, he climbs out to protect the injured/ downed crew, and holds off the somalis single handed - whilst being shot a few times and dodging a few rpgs. Hero.

In response to the bit about grimes etc. many of the main characters were not based off one but many like Hoot was a collection of characters.

Busch would be good but not a fan of his red dot, its not an aimpoint like the others and he's also a sniper and thats not really my style

Archived