Dead Island

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A little background:

Dead Island was a game that almost snuck in under the radar. There were no major reviews covering the front pages, and it didnt have a major advertising campaign.

Every stockist in my area, and the majority of online retails (Asda, Play, Game, Zavvi, Amazon) SOLD OUT. They didnt get enough, they didnt expect people to be that bothered by it. Well they were wrong.

This is what happens when retailers and reviewers are too busy looking at franchises - everyone knows the big 3 will be great. People will buy copies in their thousands. So they ignore these little gems.

My Mini Review:

Take the close combat, blood splattering, melee weapon making of Dead Rising, and mix it with the first person, fast paced action of Left 4 Dead, and you are just about there.

Throw in a level tree, where you can spend acquired skill points on different skills for your character, some crate opening (optional) to get you hands on new weapons, items and money - and lastly roll in some questing on an open world Island (which is simply breath taking - imagine "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", try to stop thinking about Mila Kunis, and remember the place in which it is set).

The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that it chooses to go down the realistic path, which is fine, but the inventory is rather large, and frankly unrealistic. But, due to the sheer number or zombies, and how slicing through bone does wear a frail clever down quickly, i will let them off.

I give this a 9/10, and it is without a doubt THE best zombie game i have ever played.

If anyone has any questions or any reasons they dont want it e.g. "i heard ___ is rubbish" ill answer, because i think this game has been majorly underplayed and deserves a chance!

Gamertag: Kaahn. Add me for a game, i got mad driving skillz! :D

Archived