Rain

Wølf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How much does rain affect your guns?

My only useable weapon is my maruzen l96 with the double PDI hop chamber but as soon as the slightest bit of moisture finds its way in there the hop-up is pretty much rendered useless which p*ss*s me off something chronic.

So, anyone else get a similar problem or is it just me?

Playing in the rain doesnt bother me, infact i quite like it.

On sunday i was laying in some tall grass all ghillie'd up then it started hammering it down & thundering etc, everyone else went and found shelter but it had taken me a while crawling inch by inch to get into position undetected so i just laid there and got soaked :P

Just my damn gun is a big jessie when it comes to the weather.

• Supporters

I like the rain, rained pretty hard on Sunday, was nice and loud on the trees too. Great for sneaking around and sniping people unnoticed :)

Rain is nice, i normally just continue like normal any way. Find rain kind of soothing aswell

• Supporters

Finally i have something in common with Da sheriff

so thats:

Marksman Reason DMR

Flyyn Reason Scotland

Da sheriff Reason we both find rain soothing

only the two issues with rain...

with me being quite a large chap (still processing some Christmas weight) and after about half an hour of running like a headless chicken (usually being made the medic by my team - which is odd as my size makes me a easier target :/ ) im naturally going to generate a large amount of heat and sweat and this steams up my glasses something chronic! - not a problem when i have lense spray but ive run dry...

- however when its cold and wet and we end up standing for a brief i do tend to steam from the body and my finger tips recreating the look of the fantastic four human torch - or so im told... - but it is a great effect when walking back from a grenade bang right next to you lol!!

other than that...

I find that in the rain, my TM G36 'death-clicks' at pinnacle moments *shakes fist*

...im thinking its a water on the fuse issue as its not covered like others but im looking into it

anyone else have similar issues with the 36?

i like the rain because most people tend to stay in cover and out of the rain they also tend not to attack or mount a good defense

Well, the great thing about GBBR's is waters doesn't effect them. Unless ofc you completely submerge it lol. The one thing I hate the most weather wise is, hale! If its really hard I can never tell if im getting shot or its the hale.... but as for rain, doesnt bother me what so ever and my guns are fine running in it.

You can water proff you guns, but it take a fair bit.

Archived