Warhammer 40k

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

DSC_0004-1.jpg

My ork warboss - last thing I had a proper go at, mostly represents my best painting skills, would like to improve enough to commission paint eventually but think I'm a long way off! Not sure how to base him, will decide once Ive done the remaining black reach orks :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, I like it :)

Like the skin, not lime green like a lot of orks I've seen! Sand for the base perhaps?

Here's my WIP photos of my latest project. Someone put up some tutorials for how to paint battle-damaged Imperial Fists, so I thought I'd have a go. Still WIP, but quick to paint.

And also - for my Dark Heresy/Inq28mm project, a 'true-scale'. The techmarine's legs have been completely re-sculpted. Not sure how to base him, thinking industrial or space-hulk

They're taking longer than planned, nearly finished though.

post-602-1321194337_thumb.jpg

post-602-1321194375_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Supporters

So I've been wiling away at my army for some time now, and unfortunately due to the nature of student living, it's been packed away for the best part of a month and unfortunately, there was some damage, whilst taking the time to assess the situation (mostly gluing heads back on, few snapped swords, nothing some green stuff, superglue and a repaint won't fix), I decided to inventory my Black Templars force.

This is an apocalypse force, and is structured/insane as such.

Command Squad:

StormLord Superheavy Tank; Yarrick's Gift w/ extra armor.

-Grimaldus & Retinue

-Helbrecht & Retinue

-Techmarine

-10 Marine Command Squad

-Force Commander/Marshal

Additional HQ:

-Emperors Champion

Elites:

-Techmarine & Servitors (riding along in the StormLord as a detached squad, because this is Apoc and that's how we roll).

-Dreadnaught

-5 Sword Bretheren

-5 Terminators

Fast Attack:

-Bike Squad (4 normal, 1 attack)

-Land Speeder Typhoon

-5 Jump Marines

Troops:

-10 Normal Marines (Rhino transport)

-5 Normal Marines

Heavy Support:

-Landraider

Codex Detachments ("Donations" from other codices sent to "help out"):

-Blood Angels Stormraven w/ 5 Death Company & Chaplain

-5 Dark Angels Veterans w/ Librarian

It's shaping up to be a pretty scary force, the guys at my local store certainly don't like facing off to the StormLord and the squad within (so far I've fielded just that against 1500pt tyranids, tau, orks and eldar and come away pretty much unscathed).

Next up will be:

-Sisters of battle Repentia & an immolator

-Space Wolf wolves and cavalry!

-Basilisks/Manticores

-Grey Knights

-More Templar troops

-Stormtalon Gunships (these will be the Ultramarine donation)

-More bikes (Ravenwing and White Scars donations)

-Some sort of scary forgeworld thingy

*Each "donation" squad will also be fielding a command unit from the respective army - the idea I'm going for is that Helbrecht is facing off against something nasty and has been given a number of extra units from other codices or areas of the imperium in order to demonstrate his prowess as a mentor. And the forgeworld thingy? Well that's going the way of Grimaldus; he wanted it so he took it, whether or not he was really allowed it.

:D

used to paint and convert back in the day never got into the table top side of things may have to pick a box of marines up and see how pants i have become lol

I feel I should just add that yesterday I did a bit of target shooting with the damaged parts of my Tau Army. They have been in poor storage for a good few years, and there were many casualties.

Befitting the fact they are a ranged army, I set the broken ones up at the end of the garden and preceded to obliterate them with an air rifle. The troops were very hard to hit, the battle suits, not so much. Good times.

Its slightly depressing shooting a £15 model, but hey ho.

• Supporters

I think little models of this sort make the best air rifle targets ever, their strange, brittle, puny (metal? I can't remember) bodies just explode into a billion pieces if you hit them right.

Crazybones are another thing that make awesome targets - Shame they're too small to be able to hit them at range with an airsoft gun though, my air rifle's seen better days, i.e. the ones before it was 6+ years old and knackered.

Why have i never seen this thread XD Will dig my marines out tomorrow :P

Yeah they do make good targets. Also once got a driver out and smashed some up. twas good fun :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So I did some digging out of everything I've got...

Got the Black Templars listed above, a total of 1000pts Dark Angels, 1500pts Blood angels, 500pts Orks, 500pts Necrons and 1500pts Tau...

I have too much of this stuff >.<

Just a bit. I only have around 2000pt Space Marines

i used to play 40k with the imperial guards but paint them desert,i had a command squad,12 kaskrin elites,100 shock troops,2 snipers,2 heavy weapon squads,3 basilisk tanks,10 leman russ (tank company),3 baneblades and a mars warhound titan with imperial guard bits on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Thought I'd get a few more photos of the bits I've been painting up!

First, a new Black Reach Warboss, I sold the last one at a profit:

DSC_1809.jpg

Templars Sword Brother:

DSC_1812.jpg

Grimaldus and one of his servitors:

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1816.jpg

Emperors Champion:

DSC_1814.jpg

Company Marshal:

DSC_1806.jpg

Random Company Champion:

DSC_1808.jpg

Dark Angels Veteran:

DSC_1811.jpg

Dark Angels Librarian:

DSC_1805.jpg

• 1 month later...

Loving Grimaldus and the DA Librarian :)

So, the new 6th Edition starter set, Dark Vengence came out t'other weekend. Anyone else pick it up? It's bloody nice. Really, really insane amount of detail on everything.

Unfortunately, I now want to start a Chaos army. Bugger...

Also, does anyone play Dawn of War 2? Want to team up? If you do, message me on Steam - Huberticus (but say you're from AFUK).

• Supporters

I happened to buy a 6th edition box set last weekend, probably going to ignore the dark angels but the chaos marines are pretty awesome. Will definitely be spending a bit of time on them, getting them all night lorded up!

Previously I've only done imperial armies, 2 project logs below:

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard army (still WIP, after nearly a year!!) http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=248708

Red Scorpions (my paint for fun army) http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=213676

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Having just finished reading IA11, The Doom of Mymeara I am very interested in restarting, will have to get the 6th ed rulebook and stuff and get learning again.

Aiming to build up to an apoc Eldar army- shame their codex is still from the end of 4th ed if I remember correctly... wouldn't mind an update on that :D

might pick up a few bits over the next few weeks to see what's what.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

thread revival :)

my colection:

imperial guard: 70 imperial guardsmen, 3 russ's, 2 chimeras, 2 basilisks, 4 sentinels, 3 command units, a baneblade, a valkyrie. grey knights: 5 purifiers, 5 paladins, inquisitor Coteaz, 15 inquisitorial henchmen. space marines: 30 marines, 1 ironclad dreadnought, 1 whirlwind, 5 terminators and a chapter master. tau: 24 kroot, 24 firewarriors, 1 hammerhead, 2 devilfish, 3 battlesuit command team, 6 stealth suits and 2 broadsides. I am most likely forgetting something.

In the process of working on my Horus Heresy era Iron Hands. No idea on points, as most of them still need painting

Here's my warlord, legion Iron Father Huberticus.

P1011839-3_zpsd5c373a6.jpg

P1011840_zps3e329505.jpg

He started life out as one of these - Simple arm-swap and bit of a cut-job, but I like it.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/VALTHEX-ASTRAL-CLAWS-MASTER-OF-THE-FORGE.html

• Supporters

looking good!

Here's the de-facto leader of my much neglected toy soldier army:

ibhg.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And his sidekick:
qe5p.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Both have been re-based since those photos were taken and having looked at them I'm seriously tempted to get the paints out of storage and do some more!

Thanks :) My painting's far from great, but I'm better at painting flesh than armour.

I gotta say I've wandered into your topics over on the B&C a few times before, and am always impressed with your painting. Especially your Red Scorps army, something I can just stare at for ages.

Archived