AK47s problem.

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do i go about taking a stock from This and placing it on something roughly the same as this?

also can i place the stock on after putting the gearbox and shizzle in first? thanks guys

-Zakaria

• Supporters

O hai thar!

On the old CYMA I had, you needed to remove the gearbox from the "donor", this would give you access to the plate inside that holds most of the stock in place. There's also a grub screw or something similar on the outside of the "hub" for the stock, which you remove and the whole assembly should come away. Then it's just a reverse-engineering process; it'll go on the recipient gun in the reverse order you got it off.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, but it should be fairly simple. You basically look for the screw (could be a teeny grub screw IIRC) and any plate on the inside that holds the thing on (could be a plate or a screwed on cylinder, I don't remember), undo it all and it's a straight, clean swap.

okay, before that, i need to drill a hole in the back of the receiver as i dunno how to rewire :P cheers :D

I'll let you guys know how i get on :)

-Zak

• Supporters

Rewiring an AK isn't too hard, if you hold on till Monday, when I'm less tired and have internet, I can talk you through the process so you can make a decision before you fubar your receiver :P

I may have more info for you on the initial question too by then bud :) Just, at 3am, I feel a bit brain dead.

okay but i dont use/want to use stick batt's, i want to use my battery bag, just because i have one and it has no use At the moment :lol:

GOT IT, ITS ALL DONE YES< thanks finius :P

great stuff.

-Zak

Can be closed.

Archived