Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MZKaleem

AK47s problem.

6 posts in this topic

How do i go about taking a stock from This and placing it on something roughly the same as this?

also can i place the stock on after putting the gearbox and shizzle in first? thanks guys

-Zakaria

O hai thar!

On the old CYMA I had, you needed to remove the gearbox from the "donor", this would give you access to the plate inside that holds most of the stock in place. There's also a grub screw or something similar on the outside of the "hub" for the stock, which you remove and the whole assembly should come away. Then it's just a reverse-engineering process; it'll go on the recipient gun in the reverse order you got it off.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, but it should be fairly simple. You basically look for the screw (could be a teeny grub screw IIRC) and any plate on the inside that holds the thing on (could be a plate or a screwed on cylinder, I don't remember), undo it all and it's a straight, clean swap.

okay, before that, i need to drill a hole in the back of the receiver as i dunno how to rewire :P cheers :D

I'll let you guys know how i get on :)

-Zak

Rewiring an AK isn't too hard, if you hold on till Monday, when I'm less tired and have internet, I can talk you through the process so you can make a decision before you fubar your receiver :P

I may have more info for you on the initial question too by then bud :) Just, at 3am, I feel a bit brain dead.

okay but i dont use/want to use stick batt's, i want to use my battery bag, just because i have one and it has no use At the moment :lol:

GOT IT, ITS ALL DONE YES< thanks finius :P

great stuff.

-Zak

Can be closed.