Theories of criminal behaviour & facts that contribute to them

Henry Wisdom
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey. I'm doing uniformed services at college and this question (in title) is part of it. If you know a few (2 is fine) then please reply back.

And Google is NOT being my friend today... ;)

Any answers would be MUCH aappreciated!

Thank you. :)

has to be in monday...

boredom, need to show off, need to feel head of the pack, need to assert dominance over a possible rival.

i'd personally go for boredom, read some of the judge dredd comics, that's a good example of what could happen with ever decreasing employment.

but also look at why animals fight, same basic reasons.

• Supporters

external influences such as TV, Games etc (i hate it when people say "its becuase of GTA" but you can argue the point.) or internal influences such as Parents or Friends (peer pressure or abuse?)

enjoy.

unfortunately i have to disagree with matt, i do agree that in extreme circumstances games and movies can influence crimes (under the influence of drugs, extreme young age), i find that games are nowhere near the influence people think they are, i've been playing 18+ games at the age of 13, and i am known as one of the most polite guys people know, and my girlfriend has quoted "I wouldn't swear in the presence of woman or youngsters, even if i had been shot multiple times and lost my arms and legs".

but i cannot agree enough that parents, siblings and friends are probably one of the biggest causes.

• Supporters
unfortunately i have to disagree with matt, i do agree that in extreme circumstances games and movies can influence crimes (under the influence of drugs, extreme young age), i find that games are nowhere near the influence people think they are, i've been playing 18+ games at the age of 13, and i am known as one of the most polite guys people know, and my girlfriend has quoted "I wouldn't swear in the presence of woman or youngsters, even if i had been shot multiple times and lost my arms and legs".

but i cannot agree enough that parents, siblings and friends are probably one of the biggest causes.

Please read my post again :)

(i hate it when people say "its becuase of GTA")
People seem shocked when i told them that my mum bought me 18+ games, I usually counter argue with films etc as everyone does it with films but games is unacceptable? hm..

I was merely suggesting that he could argue the point as that would land him extra marks turning it into a debate.

Please read my post again :)

sorry about that, but my point is still valid (lack of sleep does weird things to a guy lol)

• Supporters

Do you want just peoples' opinions, or would you like to know some proper university level criminology?

A lot of it coincides with what is being said above, but I have access to a lot of information as part of my course, I'd be happy to share :)

Archived