Hello!

Immersion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

having recently entered airsoft like yourself, I've found the first getting of your gear, loadout etc. is the biggest finacial hit and then after its not so bad

I spent a few hours on a few airsoft sites looking and seeing how much gear I need to buy. Now I just need to fork out just under £1000 for it all. I WANT IT ALL.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha! don't we all! I think I'm only on about £200< inc. gun. But that will soon rise :)

haha! don't we all! I think I'm only on about £200< inc. gun. But that will soon rise :)

Just waiting on my pay cheque to come through, I will wait though - christmas coming up and all, the better half is expecting something shiny. Like diamonds. great.

Also wanna get into teams. If there's such thing, i'd love to get into tournaments, travel places and play against other teams, etc.

very conviniently by birthday is also in december :)

but I'm blowing birthday on a RICAS

have you got one?

what they like?

Not a warrior, but we use a different assault vest, depends on what you are - gunners will require more weight, if you're in a mortar team, someone has to carry the plate, who's carrying the GPMG etc, but generally, they can get hot under neath, snug at night, keeps you feeling safe is that makes sense.

yea i get you, can't wait for mine.

I'm going to order the normal RICAS and if its too big send it back and get the compact

yea i get you, can't wait for mine.

I'm going to order the normal RICAS and if its too big send it back and get the compact

How old are you? What size are you? The compact does seem good, I'll most likely get the M4 normal and add a load of sh*t to it. Want to get a camelpak on it for long games and get a radio system going if I ever get into a team.

How old are you? What size are you? The compact does seem good, I'll most likely get the M4 normal and add a load of sh*t to it. Want to get a camelpak on it for long games and get a radio system going if I ever get into a team.

well i'm 5'8" with a 36-38inch chest. I gave uktactical a call and they said it should fit as they do a medium version now. Also I am fully capable of carrying weight.

I'm going to get the open top mag pouches and probably buy the hydration patch a few more utility pouches and a water bottle holder aswell. Would get the fully loaded but out of price range

well i'm 5'8" with a 36-38inch chest. I gave uktactical a call and they said it should fit as they do a medium version now. Also I am fully capable of carrying weight.

I'm going to get the open top mag pouches and probably buy the hydration patch a few more utility pouches and a water bottle holder aswell. Would get the fully loaded but out of price range

Yeah you'll be fine mate, get a medium and sink it around yourself, it's a bit like wearing a corset. Not that I do that. But yeah, try to keep it to a minimum aswell, more stuff you obviously have, the more it's going to bog you down - we used to remove some of our stuff on certain ops. Use what you need, I sincerely doubt you'll ever need a hydration pouch and a canteen holder and a canteen full of water is just dead weight. It's like taking a medical kit when you just don't need one in that environment because the first aider on site will have one.

yea, good points, thats what i like about the MOLLE stuff is you take what you need. The hydration is for games/combat type things for a quick drink, canteen for long ops if i need to make a brew but we'll see.

I'm planning on being about to take everything I need for an overnight on the webbing

yea, good points, thats what i like about the MOLLE stuff is you take what you need. The hydration is for games/combat type things for a quick drink, canteen for long ops if i need to make a brew but we'll see.

I'm planning on being about to take everything I need for an overnight on the webbing

If you're planning on spending 24 hours outside, bring some mess tins, hex-e cubes, DPM bivvy sheet with some bungees and a lighter. Foods up to you, I find spam or just beans and sausages work well. Don't get carried away with things calling themselves essentials when they'll just bog you down. If there's a river near by, just grab some puri tabs and toilet roll (nasty stuff).

yea, just to let you know I have been on many 24hrs with both ACF and CCF so i have a fairly good idea of what I need but thanks none the less.

I'm sure its not a million mile away from the regulars but probably far less intense or difficult

I'm sure its not a million mile away from the regulars but probably far less intense or difficult

Dunno, didn't go to ACF, went in RWelsh 2nd Batt then transfered to RSigs after 4 years. I sincerely doubt it's anything like what I do :P

yea i'm sure but I think its probably got a similar base to it,

but anyway, thats off topic. HI!

I have to say you're building up quite a few posts already :D

yea i'm sure but I think its probably got a similar base to it,

but anyway, thats off topic. HI!

I have to say you're building up quite a few posts already :D

Haha, HEY :D

Yeah, I like to get involved with things haha, I'm not one to shy away and just read. I am to get into airsoft while I'm not on op so I have something to do :)

haha well dispite my 718 posts I have only been airsofting once (but planning many more and mainly due to i've only just got a rifle)

I do however have some good military and theoretical combat knowledge and am an ex-paintballer (but lets keep that quiet)

I have to say this has to be the longest hello topic ever

haha well dispite my 718 posts I have only been airsofting once (but planning many more and mainly due to i've only just got a rifle)

I do however have some good military and theoretical combat knowledge and am an ex-paintballer (but lets keep that quiet)

I have to say this has to be the longest hello topic ever

Oh really :o

Ever fired actual rifles/weapons? I love shooting of all kinds, I started out as a kid before my teens going shooting with my uncle for duck/rabbits, was hooked then. Used to go up the local woods and using a 2.2 for lols, until I was old enough I got my first air rifle that was recked, pull back lever and occasionally the stock would fall off. Then handled the 12 bore, over and under and from there on I joined the army and probably had a gun in my hands once a month from a young age haha. I love them shooting sh*t :)

It is long, but I like talking - I have a lot of free time.

I second that i think Immersion needs a special patch made just for him.

And erm HELLO CHAPS!

Someone said it first? :o But I thank you! and bid you a good afternoon from Wales.

I second that i think Immersion needs a special patch made just for him.

And erm HELLO CHAPS!

ha! just a massive one saying HELLO!

Oh really :o

Ever fired actual rifles/weapons? I love shooting of all kinds, I started out as a kid before my teens going shooting with my uncle for duck/rabbits, was hooked then. Used to go up the local woods and using a 2.2 for lols, until I was old enough I got my first air rifle that was recked, pull back lever and occasionally the stock would fall off. Then handled the 12 bore, over and under and from there on I joined the army and probably had a gun in my hands once a month from a young age haha. I love them shooting sh*t :)

It is long, but I like talking - I have a lot of free time.

yea, quite a few, 20 and 12 bores, big clay pigeon shooter, No. 7s, .22 target rifles and SA80s (Cadet GP version) I think thats all. As for air rifles, check out my youtube channel :D

and yea i think its the only hot topic in the hello section

EDIT: there are one or two other hot topics but this is the only 3 page one and the others we all titled with questions. could add it to your sig

yea, quite a few, 20 and 12 bores, big clay pigeon shooter, No. 7s, .22 target rifles and SA80s (Cadet GP version) I think thats all. As for air rifles, check out my youtube channel :D

and yea i think its the only hot topic in the hello section

EDIT: there are one or two other hot topics but this is the only 3 page one and the others we all titled with questions. could add it to your sig

The Cadet GP is a .22 if I'm right? I've always thought of them as like firing a spud gun haha. Yeah I saw a few of your vids, what rifle is that? Wouldn't mind getting one of those bad boys to shoot nextdoors dogs with, silly bastard Chihuahua type dogs..

I plan on getting it to be the longest thread in all of the forums history! haha

Archived