PTS Masada ACR vs AKM

scoutmatt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The ACR takes M4/M16 type magazines, the AKM uses AK type magazines.

• Supporters

Oh right, so they make you spend more on mags than you should have to?

• Supporters

Well tbh, when most people get a new gun they buy new mags anyway.

It can't be helped anyway, the AK mag feed point it in the wrong place

The AKM hdas the short barrel, collapsible stock and obviously the AKM lower. Internally it is supposed to have a better trigger response and better motor

the gearbox is exatly the same but they've fixed the hop up issue (sort of) even though all future masadas will have the changes

ACR= win. but common, almost the new basic plain M4

AKM= not practical because i'd rather buy a gun that uses my AK mags but its your choice.

everything else is the same. :)

• Supporters

Propper answer and to clear a few points up:

On the whole they both use proprietary mags anyway - P/Emags and the AKM mags, the ACR being able to use SOME M4/16 mags, but they can have feed issues using non-magpul mags due to fast cycling.

AKM will not even hold an AK mag, they simply don't fit. feed hole in the wrong place.

AKM mags fit into M4 pouches at the same scale of 1xM4=1xAKM

AKM has a shorter barrel and folding stock.

AKM has larger mags (160rds over 120rds)

There are no hop up issues in either gun, only A&K models have them.

Range/accuracy is very similar between the two models. Only with propper measuring in a controlled environment could anyone genuinely tell the difference between them.

AKM is more expensive (by £50) due to the barrel difference (new barrels are £110) and a different (better) stock (retails for £80) - do the math.

Out of the box absolutely nothing has to be done to it, some people insist on putting a tightbore in them, but all that does is ruin the airseal from the factory for no noticeable gain in performance.

AKM does have different motor and trigger setup (some fine tuning I believe) and appears to - extensive test firing of both models - give a sharper trigger response, but neither rifle is sluggish.

If you play CQB get the AKM.

If you play woodland, get whichever you prefer the looks of.

There are short barell and foldable stock versions of the ACR anyway so you can use that for CQB as well or you can purchase parts seperately. I have a longer barell for woodland a shorter one for CQB and both handguards. I only have the fixed stock but I very rarely fold stocks anyway

Archived