Airsoft on the gadget show

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I found out yesterday that this Fridays gadget show will feature airsoft- I think its on at 8pm on channel 5

Now despite the program being complete crap, what do we think? Do you think it'll be good for the sport or bad?

They'll be using clear SRC g36c's supplied by wolf armouries

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well could get more attention to it but as they are using a clear gun I think it may give off the idea of it being a game where we all play toy soldiers (even though thats not that far)

BTW forums have been a bit quiet recently?

Im a downhill skateboarder witch is quite closely linked with street luge.

When they did luge on the gadget show and some other sows the lugeers weren't pleased with the way the sport was portrayed however the general public where sort of inspired and interest in the sport increased.

I think the same will happen again with airsoft.

Thing is anyone who is passionate about anything will critisise it when it is on TV for about 3 minutes. It is impossible to convey something in detail when you have a massive time constraint so you have to generalise and play to stereotypes. If it increases the profile of airsoft and gets some more people interested then great. If it can be used as a tool to encourage landlords, councils and landowners to open sites as a revenue source then great. I know last week whe they listed Police auction sites, I went looking and the one they mentioned had crashed due to others doing the same thing!

Oh yeah and all the kids are back to school, hence a lack of "whats the beest", "I want something, but don't know what so I'll ask completey general questions that have been asked 20 times this month, rather than use my eyes and read two posts down" ;)

well last time they done paintball(when i watched it last f*cked ages ago) they had crap gear but they met ona field with people who had their own guns.

and heck if it gets more people into airsoft that will do me a solid as i plan to open a airsoft store so ca-ching :D

Why? They're really good, in terms of prices vs performance they are brilliant

i just don't like them

I don't like that they're using clear guns, I mean surely as a tv show they could have got a license for RIFs. Whatever at least we get some publicity. :lol:

not really, plus its cheaper AFAIK than the RiF ones, thats probably why the mall in reading have the clear SRC's as their rental guns.

i cant remember why i said not really, but i think my other point was a fair one if they are any cheaper at all.

Wait, you mean we're not all here to play toy soldiers? I'm hitting an early mid-life crisis after leaving the real soldiers game!

well, it a little bit more then that, but some of us are students :D

yea i think they are the type of people who in the 1980's thought we would be in hover cars :/

if they say that future wars will be faught with airsoft guns or something along those lines, i will takemy real steel and happily beat them to death with it to insure they knew the differnce, then have a friend beat them with an airsoft rifle just so they get a comparrison

if they say that future wars will be faught with airsoft guns or something along those lines, i will takemy real steel and happily beat them to death with it to insure they knew the differnce, then have a friend beat them with an airsoft rifle just so they get a comparrison

Haha, I don't think they'll go that far. I wouldn't be surprised though. I remember sending them an email of complaint telling them that their script writer knows nothing about processors and they should do a review on my computer. That's actually good. Because I can afford it. And they cant.

Archived