Which sniper?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, after being killed after sneaking up close to people and being spotted, I've decided I'm going to opt for the laying in wait and concealing myself route.

So I've been looking at snipers and need help deciding on one.

All of them are gas bolt action and the choice is between the KJW M700, it's cheap and sounds pretty good, high fps, good reviews and based on the Tanaka rifle of the same name.

The Ares AW.338, I think this is my favourite one, but it costs over £400 so I need to know it's worth it.

Final option is the Tanaka L96. I know Cerbo swears by the internals in this and I know that the KJW is essentially a clone internally, but this costs over £200 more than the KJW and I only like it more because I prefer the L96 to the M700 aesthetics.

So what to do?

I can afford any of them, but if the KJW is as good as the others I might as well save myself an initial cost of around £200 and then spend what I've saved on upgrades if the others are going to need upgrading as well.

What are they like for part compatibility, frequency of retuning and replacing parts and availability of spares?

All contributions appreciated.

The ares is good, i know this because my friend down the road has one, it has good range but then i bought one and it diddent work, you best option is probally the L96 because the KJW is not as good

• Supporters

I think I'd be happiest with the Ares, it looks badass, but a lot of people do say it's bad and it costs a bomb, so with regret, I'll cross that off.

The Tanaka also costs a bomb and I found out the other day that it's actually just an M700 with an L96 body on it, so all the safety features and the bolt etc aren't from an L96, which rather massively put me off.

Cerbo says that the KJW isn't bad, but it's luck if you end up with a good one or not, because the factory tolerances are where the slippery slope begins, so some will have tighter gas seals, some will have tighter joins etc etc. But other than that, it's basically a Tanaka. Only thing is that it's hard getting parts for it because none of them are labelled as "KJW M700 parts" they're all, "VSR parts" or something, but I think I could overcome that for the sake of a £250 saving and I figure all three will need some degree of upgrading, so I might as well buy the cheapest gun because then I have a helluva lot more monies left for making it kick arse a little better.

So I think I'ma get the KJW...

I'll review whatever I actually do end up getting either way, so if I make a mistake, you can all learn from it lol.

Archived