9/11

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As you should all know, today is the 10th anniversary for the attacks on America in 2001.

Is like to suggest that you all take a minute or two to remember the lives of those who were killed and their families on this day.

I was in florida, i forgot all about this, i was meant to come home on the 11th Sept, but luckily (for me) that incident had already happened so they stopped my flight so we got another few days in florida

:( Rest in Peace

• Supporters

I thought about this a lot on the 11th.

I remember distinctly watching it, all of it, live. From the live footage of the towers falling to footage that surfaced of the "falling man". I remember being fixed on the TV, and even though I was only ten, I remember being scared, not because I was worried that it could happen here, but that people could do that to America.

Throughout my young life, I was told by many people that America is THE superpower. People weren't wrong, but what everyone forgot is that even the strongest walls may have cracks, this was one of those cracks and evil people exploited it.

I saw a documentary on Osama and the mission to get him. During that show, Obama was talking about it, and you could tell he was desperately trying to hide a very satisfied grin and general aura of smugness; most times I'd have some pity and say it was terrible of the American president to relish in the death of another, but this time, no. Frankly, I'm happy they got him, I honestly wish they'd not shot him outright. They should have dragged him back to Guantanamo or some other hell hole and tortured him in every possible imaginable way, for as long as his body could endure, then, once he was at deaths door, they should have just buried him alive.

I believe in human rights, wholeheartedly, there's nothing more important, but Osama Bin Laden wasn't good enough to be part of the same species as me, I'd not count him as a human if you paid me; just an animal, a slightly evolved monkey, just like the rest of Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

I hope his death at least gives something back to the Americans, because it's not only the people who had family in the towers or in the services who have died, it's even as simple as being that America is sovereign to Americans. You damage America as a nation, that's a personal thing to a massive amount of people, so I hope it brings them peace. I hope it sends a message too. Mess with the Americans, you'll die, no matter where you hide, or for how long, you will die, and people will enjoy that fact.

I feel for everyone who lost someone that day and as a result of that day, I've lost family before now, close family, young, taken wrongly, it hurts and it never goes away, it simply gets slightly less prominent in your life (that's not to say it hurts any less), I hope those people affected can do what I try to do; take on the spirit of those they lost, use the fire they had and channel it into making themselves better, or at least, try.

When I reflect on events like this, I know why I changed to study forensic and investigative technique. It's a pathway into intelligence and high-end law enforcement, and one day, I'm going to help people find and kill creatures like Osama, as sick as it sounds, I'm gonna enjoy it, and once I start, I'm going to keep doing it till either old age and exhaustion, or assassination puts me in the floor.

Archived