the best airsoft optic

masadanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys im looking for a new scope/red dot for my m7 i was thinking og a elcan specter just wonder what everyone else uses

How much do you have

What will it be for

Do you need magnification?

bought 50 quid

ill be using it for field perposes

yes just for target rec

im keen on 4x mag, not too much not too little, plus for airsoft its pretty much all the mag you need

Acogs look nice and can get reasonably cheap.

Plus i find that the bullet drop compensator on the reticle helps alot with airsoft as BB's drop rather quick so it helps to insure you shots are on target.

which compared to the single post reticle found on the C79 and susat, the acog has better purpose.

but these can change if you get replicas as they normally chose a differnt reticle's

TBH i'm quite a big fan of iron sight but i use a hawke red dot for my air rifle and its really good! each to zero and really accurate

but do you think a elcan specter is a good idea as is a variable zoom (not a cod phrase) between 1-4x

tbh ive never looked at the specter before today, only elcan scope i knew of was the c79.

Will admit it looks promising. ablity to switch from the 1x to the 4x would be nice.

would prove useful on sites where you are likly to switch from a wide open feild/forrest to close confines

i mean only thing i dont like is it being battery powered but thats me, i rather scopes that use tritium decay

would prove useful on sites where you are likly to switch from a wide open feild/forrest to close confines

which is what i want from a scope

• Supporters

And elcan spectre wouldnt be that useful for CSW BTW.

They re meant to be quite good but you'll need about £150 to get the one with variable magnification.

id say for £50 look for a second hand acog.

or you could get a magnefier for your rds (was it a comp m4?) That way you will be able to switch from no magnification to 3x very quickly and it looks great.

May sound kinda nooby here, CSW? only things i know that to mean is combat submitive wrestling, and commericial sex worker .....sooo trying to figue out what it means :S

gotcha,

so yeah, unless you spend a good 3 figues you will just wind up with a everyday replica which only has the box stanndard either 3x with the crosshair, or 1x with the red dot.....wouldnt supprise if the majority of the £50 range are the 1X with red dot reticle.

havnt looked yet.

but im a snob sooo i turn my nose up at anything which isnt a trijicon acog :D

I found that magnification isn't really needed for airsoft distances. I used to have a 4x acog and when i switched to an eotech red dot i found my gameplay was so much easier. Its so much easier to track moving tagets. If you zero it right your bb's will go exactly where you point the dot so as long as you have good eyesight magnification isn't really needed.

I found an EoTech replica with a 3x FTS was ideal, although a bit heavy (but worth it for the instant magnification changes). If you shop around you can probably get both of these for around £60, so it's reasonably affordable.

• Supporters

@aron, I agree, you don't NEED magnification in airsoft. It's nice to have though, not necessarily for aiming though- I find its often better used for looking for targets and spotting. Whilst a rds will be better for aiming.

Acog with docter/aimpoint with magnifier job done ;)

I'm looking to get a red dot like the aimpoint in BHD but without the price tag.

I also might get some small binoculars for spotting targets before you attack as they won't be hiding as much

Bino's are very hard to use in airsoft due to the eye protection we use. Best to remove the rubber caps on them if you are planning on using them though. I agree an acog with a red dot on top is the best of both worlds, however a purpose built rds such as an aimpoint/eotech will be better than the rds on top of the acog as it has a much larger dot/viewing screen so will be easier to aim with.

• Supporters

No trust us aron an acog with the bells and whistles although i hate them are the best for hardcore milsimers for reasons previously stated and i mean the big events where you could waste time trecking allover the place

Yes but you only need one person on your team with a magnified optic to spot for you, the others would not need.

I currently use the center point Multi-TAC Quick Aim Sight which a bought from Florida last week. It's a seriously nice bit of kit which is acctualy for hunting. With 4 crossheirs, 2 colours and multiple brightness settings it's definately one of my favouriate scopes and it only cost $70 from walmart :P

Heres the link if anyone wants to take a look:

http://centerpoint.crosman.com/sights/CPMDWC

I'm thinking of taking the hawke red dot off my air rifle onto my gun.

looks kind of aimpointy but then my air rifle won't have a sight!

Archived