fantasy airsofts

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just writing down some thoughts......

I know exeption for the painting is made on futuristic toys, I assume airsoft is included....

I also assume steampunk is included?

steampunk-nerf-guns.jpeg

where to draw the line on steampunk thou?

submaus3.jpg

or how many cogs does it need to have not to be mixed up with an old weapon (I assume the weapon below needs UKARA)?

18th-century-pirate-flintlock-pistol-2.jpg

as for futuristic weapons, I assume this includes STAR dragon and Starship Troopers tommy..

AE-8801-T-1.jpg

30.jpg

but then again.... what is futuristic? when weapons that looks like futurustic toys classicly have looked, say f2000, how does this affect the law?

F2000.jpg

So that one you need an excuse to own, but not this one?

Microsoft-Terrorism-1.jpg

then.. femme fatale /hello kitty etc.. thou pink is described as a legal colour, therea atauly is weapons like this... and ZeroOne asks for UKARA/painting (but maybe this is just a fault in their system as its standard for all their rifles?)

EGR-015-FFP.jpg

but then again... There is real weapons looking like this

ShootingKitty1.jpg

S-thunder does not need to be painted/UKARA I know that..

3452-2.jpg

I assume more realistic looking handheld lunchers does..

KA-CART-04.jpg

so what about m203/other attachment lunchers? i seems zeroone asks for UKARA but is it needed (but then again, they wanted UKARA for bright pink guns)?

M203.jpg

Suppose some of this been covered in other threads (not all at once thou), while some hasn't... So what's the point of writing all this? I actaully just wonderd if I need to ask for UKARA to sell someone a steampunk airsoft rifle. Could anyone help me out?

troll_face_in_640_09.jpg

dont know who told you handheld launchers like the S thunder one you posted, doesnt need UKARA. If they have a pistol grip and look "gun shaped" then you need a UKARA for it.

there is a bit of confusing considering what is and what isnt UKARA, i had a p99 paintball gun, co2 operated real colour and no orange tip, was not required to have UKARA to purchase, but to get the same in airsoft i would be required, same with co2 powered ai pistols. no ukara is required, it is a very fine line between what is and what isnt, and can cause a lot of confusion between the two

dont know who told you handheld launchers like the S thunder one you posted, doesnt need UKARA. If they have a pistol grip and look "gun shaped" then you need a UKARA for it.

"This product is not a RIF (Replica Imitation Firearm) and does not require VCRA/UKARA registration." @ http://www.airsoftworld.net/s-thunder-comp...k-in-stock.html

Thats not from starship troopers, its from aliens. Just saying.

I stand corrected.

• 3 months later...
hello kitty sr15 loool i doubt it needs two toning oh no someones got a pink gun with flowers on the magazine run loooooooool omg so funny

I'd run as hell if I believed it was real.

Flintloque pistol does not need defence as it is pre 1880 (cut off is around that date)

Hello kity should not need a defence as even though it is 1:1 scale it is an approved bright colour

The second one down I would have thought needed defence as it does look like a real weapon, even a modded one.

I would not have thought the Pulse rifle needed a defence, but buying the donor gun would do.

Can't see the piccy below the f2000, but if it looks like a real gun then it is covered, but again it is a law that is open to interepretation and one I would not like to have to argue.

However steampunk could come under the reenactment defence, so the short tommy gun could get away with it under that guise.

but again it is not UKARA, thats a retailer thing, you require a valid defence under the VCRA act, ie be a member of a registered skirmish sight for airsoft, or a reenector with a insured group.

• Supporters

Sorry for letting this linger so long.

I've been very hungover and have been attempting to mop up what's left of my reputation as a true gentleman and piece it back together after some incredible debauchery on New Years Eve.

So. Onwards and upwards.

This is not completely accurate to a T, it's a rough guide whilst I talk to a judge about the matter.

The rules on this are kinda grey. Infact, sci-fi props are NOT defined in any reasonably relevant legislation.

If you have the skirmishers defense, my advice would be to simply utilise it.

In the case of the pink rifle, it is not an IF. It is an RIF, this IS defined by legislation guidelines published by HMRC and is as simple as that. The G&G Femme Fatale series require the specific defense. There really is no other view. As ridiculous as it is.

Now, onto sci-fi. The date for antiquity as an exemption from the VCRA (i.e. old guns, muskets, flintlocks etc) is pre-American-civil-war. 1861. However, this does not extend to modified replicas. If you start sticking cogs on it etc for "steampunk" there is the potential for it to become an IF or RIF as covered by the VCRA.

I have discussed this with my local firearms officer briefly and the best bet is to think of it this way. If it is of a size where it looks like a real round could be chambered, is not fluorescant and has any of the following it is covered by the VCRA: Magazine, Trigger, Pistol Grip, Stock.

The only exceptions would be guns obviously not of our time or real; i.e. if you made a plasma rifle or laser rifle from the fallout series of games, that is quite obviously not real. A steampunk bolt action rifle however would be, as you could simply take a real boltie and modify it to look real (I'm sure somewhere out there, there's some nutter than modifies real guns to be steampunk).

Since people work on movies and videogames mostly, I'll give some examples of what would be VCRA restricted: Aliens M1A1 conversion, Halo battle rifle, Thundermaul, Starship Troopers rifle, Gears of War Lancer, Mass Effect "human" weapons

Things NOT VCRA restricted: Fallout Plasma Rifle, Fallout Laser Rifle, Halo alien weapons.

Would people like me to make a "is this legal" thread - post a picture of what you want classifying and I'll tell you whether it's IF, RIF or exempt or "other"?

• Supporters

That could be useful, though I guess there's not that many things that people would need verifying.

Archived