crye precision

masadanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys when im out on the field i see more and more people wearing crye multicam i was just wondering what you guys think about it is it worth the money or not?

• Supporters

Let's face it, we're playing a game with what are esentually toy guns. Unless you are in a real war zone or are a complete brand whore/'all the gear no idea' type' then there's no point- id rather spend the hundreds of pounds on guns.... or should that be gun :P

Yea its a waste. I find its so expensive and particually in britain its not as effective as say MTP or DPM just because its designed as a desert camo

both good points but i only wear MTP to stop team filling feck tards from being them self's plus it looks good

its all personal prefferance, go with a camo you like, and make ure you buy something that is durable enough to last but not overly expensive to warrent a second morgage

although all the mtp stuff that shops sell isn't actually mtp the only way of getting it is either going in the army or getting it from family/friends that are serving

If you like multicam buy it, but go for example here

http://swatuk247.com/shop/category_S.W.A.T...param=cid%3D%26

And get a full uniform for £40, don't buy the crye precision stuff unless you're super huge on milsim.

Anyway I always thought mtp and multicam looked very similar :lol:

thanks for that sheriff but in person MTP is darker and multicam is lighter/more deserty

I know I found that same page after I posted and started wondering what the difference actually was, MTP is much better.

@nickona, it depends what brand you buy, some people at my site have a really very green multicam while others have a deserty one like you said. Loads of people wear multicam where I play cos we mainly play indoors so camo doesn't really matter so people don't have to worry about being particularly uk camped wearing a pattern :D

it was really just a comparison between the regular MTP having seen it on the real army and the normal crye

If you like the look then buy it, if you think its worth it. Its all relative in the end and if you think it looks cool and works then go for it. Seen desert DPM work well in woodland when the sun is dappling through the branches, so most things can work.

last skirmish there was a guy with full multicam and in the solily bits (before it started raining) it sort of worked but as soon as he went into the foliage he might as well have been wearing ACU

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to tell you this chaps, but genuine Crye MC and MTP are exactly the same colours. The only difference is that the MTP has a few tiny dots around the edges of some of the patterns. I was wearing Crye BDU pants when I picked my daughter up from guides and one of the other dads had his new issue MTP kit in the boot of his car. We compared them together in bright light and the colours are identical. Not close, absolutely identical :)

No, this was the brand new issue MTP stuff, still in the bag until John took it out, not the soldier 95 in MTP. Completely new cut. Colours were identical. Crye MC doesn't fade in the wash, but my pants have been washed at least two dozen times, so if either had faded from darker, it would be them, not the MTP.

i think you can get mc in many different shades but the main one is desert which is light then mtp.

Also i remeber that they said they completely re-did the colours for MTP so if crye have the same it may be likely they coppied them

Archived