What should I get ?

Lt94DP
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I'm looking for any pointers towards getting a decent primary weapon that can be used as a long range weapon as well as being a C.Q.B weapon. Also recommendations of any decent sights and upgrades will be appreciated. I'm also looking for a decent back-up weapon like a machine pistol/ micro machine gun or pistol. Any insight into future investments would be greatly appreciated ! Ich danke Ihnen sehr meine Mitkampfer! Konnen sie ihre runden fliegen gerade und wahr ! sorry for the last bit, got a little bored so I put some saying through a translater :L but again any help will be appreciated guys :D

OK, here we go again:

1: what type of gun style do YOU like? Ak, M4, G36, bullpups etc

2: BUDGET, how much you got to spend, you will need anywhere from £130-1000 for a gun dependent upon what YOU want

3: Difference between CCB and woodland sites is normally FPS, most CCb sites run around 300-330fps and most woodland run 350fps. In this case you want a easily swapable spring or gearbox.

4: Upgrades depend upon budget and skill/experience on working on AEG's.

IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TYPE WHY SHOULD WE BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER?

So think a bit more and we can then give you a few better pointers.

Okay calm down for a second. All I meant was what gun in general would you recommend. I'm not asking for you to lose the rag and bring out a massive broken down list of equipment. I only meant could you recommend something you have used before in the past, be it your own personal weapon or something you've just rented or borrowed. Plus any attachments that you would recommend for said gun would be appreciated. Furthermore any insight into secondary/backup weapons would be appreciated also. And to answer your question if your still not getting it, I don't have a preference. If it is accurate, has a decent rate of fire and basically an all round good gun and you'd recommend it then I will happily look it up.

• Supporters

Im sure i posted in the thread before unless im getting alimas or however you spell it all though i should know as both my sisters are regional managers for the homes of th disabled like that but then im only 18 so it cant be are you mods having a giraffe?and i suggest the best all rounders are G36C's although i personally hate the look of them

• Supporters

Well I highly recommend them so fair enough.

Here's some more

Systema tw-5

Craft Apple works m134

Ares tar 21

Hurricane Shrike

Hurricane m82

Ares dsr1

Ares m200

Ares wind runner

Ares msr-009

Ares m82

Any Sun project gun.

Asahi bushmaster m17s

Asahi m40

Well I highly recommend them so fair enough.

Here's some more

Systema tw-5

Craft Apple works m134

Ares tar 21

Hurricane Shrike

Hurricane m82

Ares dsr1

Ares m200

Ares wind runner

Ares msr-009

Ares m82

Any Sun project gun.

Asahi bushmaster m17s

Asahi m40

But wait! they are..... oh I see

• Supporters

for a decent starter's gun, look at M4's, G36C or G36K's or AK's.

FPS, stick to 328 and you will be fine, not outranged by people who insist on being 1 fps under the limit and not overpowered yourself at CQB sites.

best thing to do at this stage is get to a local site/shop and have a try of a few different weapon types and see what you like, with airsoft you can do anything to the insides to make it work properly, so real;ly It's just external differences between guns.

Ignore the others - they are naming guns upwards of £600 and that are impractical.

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's a forum, we're here to help, no matter how often the same questions are asked, we have to put up with it and try to provide a useful answer. Not everyone has necessarily used a forum before so will have no idea of the 'protocol'

To the OP, a budget would be helpful, but really as long as you aren't going to spend less than £100 on something you won't do too bad. If I was you I'd nosey through all the airsoft retailers, pick out a few things you might like, then ask for opinions :) If you go on recommendations only you could never see/hear about something you'd really like.

I fail to see where I lost my rag on this, what I provided was a template for you to provide us with more information. There is no point me providing information on AK's which you hate the look of, there is no point in me providing information on support weapons if you want an smg or a sniper. Or giving you a list of £1000 plus guns when you have a £100 budget, or can only buy two tone weapons.

Simples really

have a look here

http://www.airsoftgi.com/news.php shed loads of guns and shed loads of reviews

Archived