What Battery to get?

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

could someone help me run through all the different batteries as I have no idea. and which would be best for a CA M4A1 with it in the stock

thanks

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/

best place to get them to start with.

OK, solid stock (big hole) or in the stock tube (small hole)?

If you have a look at the 8.4v batteries

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/8_4v_airsoft.html

you will find that they have dimensions on their detail page.

If you have a solid stock then something like a 8.4v 3300 will be a good all day battery

if its in the stock tube then something smaller and thinner like a 8.4v 1600 and buy 2 of them to last a day should fit in your stock tube

Have a look, measure your hole and go from there is the best bet.

Thing is people ask will X fit on Y, but then don't actually link said items. Hence my rather vague response and recomendation for an 8.4. If you want insane rate of fire then go for a higher voltage, but be prepared to upgrade the internals as it will increase gear wear. If you want a good solid rifle then keep it standard.

okay thanks, what the diff between LiPo and NiMH?

lipo or lithium polymer is usually smaller and has a longer life and take around 1 hour to charge but need replacing every 2-3 years and you need a balance charger

nimh or nickel metal hydride are the most comen type of batteries they are quite reliable more than lipos but they are bigger there are 4 main types mini, large, nunchuck and stick they take ages to charge though

also lipo's can catch fire if improperly use i.e over charging and you cannot put them out

personally i would go for a lipo

a 7.4v lipo can give the same rof as a 9.6v NiMH

• Supporters

Since we're on the topic of batteries, what do you guys do at the end of the day?

'Cos I last went skirmishing about 3 weeks ago and my 8.4 3300 STILL has quite a decent chunk of charge left on it. Is that bad? Should I run it down with something, or what?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Personally I never really bother. There is all these battery care guides but mine have always been OK no matter what I've done with them.

-Left them flat for ages

-Left them fully charged for ages

-Left at any level for short periods

-Left and then partially charged and charged again to full

As per the NiMH vs LiPo. LiPo's generally give a higher discharge (ampage) resulting in higher ROF. I've got a LiPo and it is doesn't really require much attention. As long as you have a cutoff, or are aware when the performance begins to drop, then you won't deep discharge it. Otherwise it is just the same to charge up except you can plugin the balance lead too (don't have to - many people never do). I've left my LiPo sat in storage for a while too and you don't really have to worry because they take forever to lose charge. As for the fire thing, I've not had one, even when my voltage dropped below the 'safe' level I gave it a quick burst on NiMH mode to bring the voltage up a notch then stuck it on its proper charge. They aren't as painful as some make out.

As has been said anyway, I'd go for the large type 8.4v (assuming we're talking about the whole stock not stock tube), get the highest capacity you can afford and then you can be as trigger happy as you like :)

is a collapseable stock so it would go in the stock tube.

Its Finius' M4 on page 16 gun picture thread if it helps

is a collapseable stock so it would go in the stock tube.

Its Finius' M4 on page 16 gun picture thread if it helps

depends if its a standard m4 stock then you will need a 7.4v stock tube lipo but if its a crane stock then a 9.6v NiMH nunchuck battery will be a good choice

sorry but no longer need one for a stock, now for handguard :D

I'm after 8.4v mini batterys and a charger!

okay thanks, just ordered this http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/mw098.html

not amazing i know but i don't really have the budget for something better and it also has a timer so thats good

yea will get a better one once budget allows

when you do decide to get a top end charger i would recomend an imax b6 charger there quite expensive but you will never need to buy another charger again

Archived