Whats the best G36

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Its simple i will be getting a new gun in october and I would like a long G36 whats the best for say £200(ish) and has anyone tryed the adjustable stock?

Umarex / ARES anyone tried this gun ?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...V_AEG_Black.htm

• Supporters

Marksman556: Thanks for that i will give that gun a past

lil airsofter: I do know that the G36K, G36E and G36 are the longer, I probably should have said I dont want a G36C

but who makes good G36 GG, JG, ARES or is the G36 range of airsoft gun not great right now and i should move on the the next gun on my list ?

• Supporters
I Have used both and I am 5.1.... and I can use them.

My freind has Ares one and it was firing 400 ish if and the blowback will ruin the gearbox (We tryied to tell him!)

No Ares got it

Im seeing a pattern maybe I could get a pre-owned G36 and do up the insides myself over time

Its starting to look like its hard to get a good gun thats not a M4 :( I hate M4's

Edit: are D Boys still good ?

No Ares got it

Im seeing a pattern maybe I could get a pre-owned G36 and do up the insides myself over time

Its starting to look like its hard to get a good gun thats not a M4 :( I hate M4's

Edit: are D Boys still good ?

The JG oes are VERY good. KWA are also another choice. TM do a recoil one.

• Supporters

They aren't and never have been ;)

Yeah but the tm is £450, bloody good though, but shame about the abs externals.

Id just go for jg or SRC, preferably the latter in gen 3, great externals, decebt internals, all id do swap bucking and maybe add a prommy tightbore

• Supporters
Get the gen III version, its better

Working on it but no luck with wolfarmouries, airsoftworld, Firesupport, RedWolf, Zeroone, Land Warrior or airsoft GI but im still on the hunt

But i did find the RIS somone was looking for on airsoft GI lol http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3398

I have an SRC G36C ( 3rd gen), it's quite an impressive AEG. I have had mine quite a while and it performs well. I had mine chrono'ed at about 323 FPS if I remember correctly. They are just under £160 on http://www.airsoftworld.net/src-g36c-pre-o...nuary-2010.html , the latter £40 could be spent on a reasonably decent battery and charger if you don't already have one. They can be bought in RIF or two-tone, but you can buy black parts to replace the green parts, if you get registered later on ( if you are not already, that is). I would say the C is the best, models don't hugely have impact on performance, but the C is the smallest, so ideal for CQB and room clearances. Also I think SRC only do the C model anyway. For under £200 I reckon the SRC is the best.

• Supporters

SRC do the C, E and MG.

KWA only do the C

TM only do the C (AFAIK)

Discount the WE on it being a gbbr

CA do C, K and E models.

Ares do C, K, standard and KV versions of all 3.

difference between E and standard is the red dot on the scope, E has a scope and rail on the top.

Ares are good, really good feel to em. It's the one I'd have as far as AEG's go. Only issue is to never lock the bolt back and then fire it as it can strip the gearbox in >30 rounds. get an Ares that isn't a lemon and you'll know you made the best choice. one that is a lemon and it's a lot of money to gamble with.

I have to add my vote to SRC G36s.

Also fun facts:

G36s listed in order of length from shortest to longest.

G36C (G36Commando), G36K (G36Kurtz which stands for short in German), G36 (Standard length for the rilfle), G36E (The support weapon version of the gun).

As far as I am aware there is no L version of the G36 and is instead replaced by the E as support.

There is a variation of the G36K known as a G36KE and a G36KV the difference being that the KE has no standard red-dot above the rail scope and the KV simply having a KV stock.

Also, as far as I am aware, SRC manufactures every standard G36 model including the G36C, G36KE, G36, and G36E.

• Supporters

I was taking to one of the guys from Wolf Armouries and he said they don't sell the SRC G36E gen3 because any problems with the gen2 are minor but the gen3 fancy gearbox has a habit of F***ing up and the new one is about £50 - £60 :(

So whats the problems with the gen2 and what's the fix :)

• 5 months later...

From what I hear the ares one is great. The best for it's price the only thing you might want to do is get a lower spring and blow back is soooo easy to disable (Check out ASTkilo review of gun on youtube). Its better quality than SRC too.

Archived