Would a HK416 receiver go on a M4

RononDex88
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

My friend is wondering if a HK416 receiver would go on a M4 and if the M4 Reciever rail will fit on top of a HK receiver to make it level with my RIS front end?

I see no differance in it but i don't want to mess up his gun.

I am hoping someone out there has done this

Thanks

RononDex88

• Supporters

not quite sure i understand what your saying however iirc a 416 reciever is taller than a standard m4 flat-top

nutster

*edit*

are you saying you would use the lower of the 416 and the upper of the m4?

I'm his friend, just signed up to this not so long ago, i was just thinking If I bought a HK416 receiver, would it fit onto my M4 without any issues?

If it did manage to fit, the upper receiver rail would look a lot higher than the ris rail I have on the front end of my M4. So would it be possible to take the flat top upper receiver rail from my M4 and put it on the HK416 upper receiver? making it almost level with my ris on the front end?

Im not sure on the exact measurements but the actual upper HK416 receiver (without the upper receiver rails) I think is slightly higher than a M4 one.

reply to your edit: I'm looking to to replace my receiver all together because my one is currently plastic, im looking at buying the HK engraved HK416 receiver set off ebaybanned.com and just wasn't sure if it would fit my M4.

I recently found a website that sell HKM4D receiver sets, but the shipping was quite expensive, so im just looking at other options.

Archived