M14, M21.. EBR?

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I could look this up but im feeling pretty lazy today and I know some of you here have actual experience with these weapons, and others are just knowledgeable.

What I want to know is what is the difference in terms of airsoft, not real life - as i pretty much know that stuff. Im looking for pricing, reviews, personal opinions and experience. Whatever info you can give.

I am looking for a semi-auto weapon, as i have my trusty G36C for the CQB, I want a nice accurate and powerful bit of kit.

I want to get back into going air softing more often (somehow this always happens in the colder months) but am considering travelling further afield to find places in the south east to play. Nothing is more of an incentive than a new gun!

i have got a cyma m14 anjd the range and accuracy are amazing i also used to have a src g36c and comparing the twos range is like comparing airsoft and paintball a cyma m14 is the old style of m14 and the m14 ebr is a modern varient of it the modern varient has only about 10 ft extra rangebut ups the price by at least £50 due to the rail systems and tactical stock and m21 is a electrical sniper rifle and is just practicaly a m14 ebr with a scope on it. overall the m14 ebr may be better but you will be hard pushed to find one under £200 if you can i recommend getting one but a cyma m14 i got for £169.99 and another good thing about it if there is a vietnam day at your local airsoft site you ca use it there you can also buy a scope mount for the cyma m14 for only £20 hope this helps :lol:

i have got a cyma m14 anjd the range and accuracy are amazing i also used to have a src g36c and comparing the twos range is like comparing airsoft and paintball a cyma m14 is the old style of m14 and the m14 ebr is a modern varient of it the modern varient has only about 10 ft extra rangebut ups the price by at least £50 due to the rail systems and tactical stock and m21 is a electrical sniper rifle and is just practicaly a m14 ebr with a scope on it. overall the m14 ebr may be better but you will be hard pushed to find one under £200 if you can i recommend getting one but a cyma m14 i got for £169.99 and another good thing about it if there is a vietnam day at your local airsoft site you ca use it there you can also buy a scope mount for the cyma m14 for only £20 hope this helps :lol:

I would get a TM M14.

The EBR is just a body kit and weighs a damn lot! the G&G one is the lightest.

AVOID KART AT ALL COSTS!!

• Supporters

If you're after an M21 rather than an M14, I found this a little while ago whilst I was looking.

• Supporters

If u want an ebr, get a tm m14, and the g&p ebr kit- brilliant internals and externals.

The g&g was ok, but doesn't touch the g&p externals, and the performance was pretty much the same as a tm.

OR, there's the gbbr route with the we ebr

If u want an ebr, get a tm m14, and the g&p ebr kit- brilliant internals and externals.

The g&g was ok, but doesn't touch the g&p externals, and the performance was pretty much the same as a tm.

OR, there's the gbbr route with the we ebr

When are you getting your RA M14 EBR?

Okay thanks for the replies, some good ones in there!

So basically im looking at either the TM M14, the Cyma M14, the WE M14 GBB.

Apart from the super cool factor, anyone know of any advantages or disadvantages, performance wise, why i shouldnt get the GBB?

Any other opinions on the Cyma? I get the impression they are well made clones. This being the case, i wonder if the g+g or the g+p kit would fit.

And.. why shouldnt i get Kart Cam?

• Supporters

Kart m14's are the worst airsoft guns ever made, id take a double eagle.over one. I know someone who knocked theirs over and the whole thing snapped in half

I.haven't used a gbb (yet) but from what I've read they have great range, from the tm 1911 style hop up (which can take a nineball rubber)

I don't expect it to be as good as the tm ootb, but with some ra tech parts it should be at least as good.

• Supporters

I'm tempted by the M14 as well, but definitely want one that's full metal & wood, so may as well post here instead of making a new topic. Hope you don't mind.

Anyone know what the G&G M14 Veteran's like? It's on LWA, says has upgraded internals, but still at 330 FPS, other places sell them with M120 or 130 springs at roughly 400 FPS, so would it be okay to upgrade power without anything else?

Also, how do you disable full auto and increase trigger response on an AEG?

• 3 weeks later...
the m14 ebr is a modern varient of it the modern varient has only about 10 ft extra rangebut ups the price by at least £50 due to the rail systems and tactical stock and m21 is a electrical sniper rifle and is just practicaly a m14 ebr with a scope on it.

This is the most rubbish I've ever heard, no offence. A body kit can't increase range, and M21's are M14's converted to DMR spec by experienced gunsmiths. The difference between the two in airsoft is little at best, although you could argue an airsoft M21 is an upgraded M14. But I digress, you're talking rubbish.

AVOID KART AT ALL COSTS!!

This is possibly the most important advice on this thread

Okay thanks for the replies, some good ones in there!

So basically im looking at either the TM M14, the Cyma M14, the WE M14 GBB.

Apart from the super cool factor, anyone know of any advantages or disadvantages, performance wise, why i shouldnt get the GBB?

Any other opinions on the Cyma? I get the impression they are well made clones. This being the case, i wonder if the g+g or the g+p kit would fit.

And.. why shouldnt i get Kart Cam?

The main disadvantage of a WE M14 would probably be cooldown and consistency. Yes, the WE open bolt system is supposed to be fairly consistent but it's never going to be a match for a tuned AEG. Apart from that, your biggest disadvantage is you'll be too awesome to even skirmish anymore.

TM, CYMA and WE are good choices for M14's, the TM being the best out of the three skirmishability-wise and the CYMA being the best TM clone out there.

The TM takes an entire v7 gearbox, while the CYMA takes a v7 sector gear and v2 bevel and spur gears. So it's not 100% a TM clone but this makes parts slightly easier to source. The CYMA is made of pot metal, but for the money you pay it's a good choice especially for those on a budget. The TM is definitely not kind to the wallet, neither is the WE.

Avoid the Kart because it's not a 100% TM clone either but the machining tolerances are so bad getting parts for it is extremely hit or miss and the EBR isn't even worth looking at. The build quality is so shoddy you'll have to modify the entire thing by hand to get rid of the structural weaknesses of it. Even then... I don't think it's worth the effort, because you'll have to replace the gearbox too. Well I suppose if you love challenges you might consider it, but if you have the money for a better M14 I'd suggest going with a different one.

I would actually recommend the G&G if you're going for an EBR. It's the most structurally sound EBR on the market (Not including the WE, I know very little about the WE EBR in comparison to the G&G. I can't say if one is better than the other yet) and the gearbox is actually much more solid than the TM. The TM doesn't have as strong a gearbox as the G&G. Don't think the CA is just as good though, it's not. I dislike their rendition because it's probably on the same level as the CYMA but you pay a lot more for it.

I hope this clears some things up, if anyone needs anymore help regarding M14s then let me know. I know a thing or two ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived