forum competition

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

yes i'm semi copying this off of another forum, but i thought it was a good idea.

basically each competitor posts a picture (or 3) of (Mr) rifle and (Mrs) loadout, for a week/month on 2 separate threads, and then after that week/month another 2 polls are set up for each competitor to decide 1st 2nd and 3rd to allow posting on the sig and bragging rights.

now the trick part is that it isn't about the person it's about only the gun or the loadout, mainly to stop discrimination against fatties or hunks (guilty), i personally will be taking 2 photo's of my loadout off of my person and the last on my person, same with rifle.

i personally do not think it would take any modification to the current forum.

any modifications please include.

thanks

geoff

nice idea could be abit of work to get right. though

first off I'd only do it monthly weekly is to quick and will be the same pictures and kit most weeks so boring .

decide on opening/ closing date

make a thread for people to submit their name +1 picture (you dont need 3 each its a waste thread space and server space and will make it harder to keep tidy ) once closing date reached do another with a poll for each contestant and copy the pictures to the first post (if you rely on people to post them in separate posts it will end up mixed up between random comments making it annoying to look at and compare ) leave for a few days and announce winner

nick maybe you could create a banner for people to use in the Sig just a small one so it can go with what ever. they have already

sorry about the confusion, but to clarify, each part of the competition lasts a month so that it gives every person plenty of chance to get a photo at a skirmish day or wherever and then to give everybody plenty of time to vote/look at photo's. and that we only do it bi-annually (summer and winter) so that it doesn't lose it's fun.

i wouldn't mind doing it but i first want moderator permission, and if possible a separate sub-forum to make sure it's all in same place,

thanks

geoff

• Supporters

SO there is 1 thread for a gun and 1 for kit.

each person is allowed 1 photo in each and can only enter once (people entering 2/3+ times are banned and have to have a sig of shame for the duration?)

Threads are open for 1 month, then a week of voting ensues

winner is announced

Winner gets a fancy sig/some other reward untill the next vote

If I've got that Right it sounds like it could be quite fun :D

SO there is 1 thread for a gun and 1 for kit.

each person is allowed 1 photo in each and can only enter once (people entering 2/3+ times are banned and have to have a sig of shame for the duration?)

Threads are open for 1 month, then a week of voting ensues

winner is announced

Winner gets a fancy sig/some other reward untill the next vote

If I've got that Right it sounds like it could be quite fun :D

got it in one

and yes, i thought it would be a bit of airsofting fun, short of the small games that appear every 5 minutes.

plus it's actually kinda worth something.

sig winner is good fun though.

P.S. can someone change the thread name, thanks.

yea you spelt Forum wrong :D

If we are going for many of these why not do them themed

i.e

one month is for say best British kit

next one best film character and so on so people can have; best British loadout etc.

and have it run both on the gear and guns so someone might have a sick L85 but wear other kit so they could still enter???

do you get me?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Themes is a good idea. I think the topics would best be posted in Gear & Loadouts, I might change the name to Guns, Gear and Loadouts for accuracy :P

If someone wants to take lead on running them that's fine with me, but I'd like to see ideas for themes for the next 6 months.

Here's a few suggestions:

British

American

Film Character

Woodland (maybe too broad)

European

Camoflauge (no ghillies)

Badass

Spec Ops

Game Character

Sci-Fi

Pre-1945

Cold War

Vietnam

Afghanistan

are you sure you posted this in the right section?

also we could work out the theme by saying one regular member chooses a theme for that month and then another the next and that member is responsible for tallying the votes etc. what do you guys think?

• Supporters

Well I did start by asking "what did you mean by theme" I take it you are talking about HTML Layouts? if so how about a Gun of the Month Theme

That's a good idea, that way they won't have an advantage

Is that sarcasim? I just thought it would be easier to manage and also if we had wide themes it would make sense and share the advantage around rather then one person.

Well I did start by asking "what did you mean by theme" I take it you are talking about HTML Layouts? if so how about a Gun of the Month Theme

No I meant themed competion like who has the best British Loadout or gun who has the best American Loadout or gun etc.

• Supporters

Right got it sorry m8 its been a long day I've hurt my leg and my new flat went bust :(

A forum format page would be a pain to do this on, you could set up a photo layout page with ratings so there is less work to do in the long run and maybe April could be the joke month like who has the funniest M4

Edit: how would you prove that you took the picture? maybe a little sign with AF-UK

no worries, and good points

The format would be start a thread saying Best British Loadout and Best British Gun have a stint explaining the rules andd then in with the pictures. I think no disscusion on the thread about the loadouts but you are allowed to say this is my Para or intantry or 1980's jungle etc. etc.

Then after a month we have a poll with the names of the people who entered and all of the pics and then simply the most votes win

as to stop cheating people could show a piece of paper with their user name competition and AF-UK

so unless anybody has any complaints i'll make the thread in the next few hours, i'll make it general theme to allow everybody to enter and start it off.

and to MOD's i'll be putting it in the gear and loadouts section, for personal preference (and ease of finding/use) i'd prefer a new section made but i also understand if you don't want to do it until it proves to work.

thanks

geoff

p.s. can somebody please change the thread name, it's kinda embarassing.

• AF-UK Founding Member

You can change it by editing your original post, but I've done it for you anyway.

Please make it clear about the no discussion in the thread for posting up images, the last thing we want to see is it going off topic. 1 image per person should keep things neat too.

okay this should be fun. If you want I can run octobers? but thats a month away so no worries just yet

agreed with dev on all points, except that the loadout section should have 2 photo's per person (front and rear).

and i'll start it up now.

Archived