Question About Hop Up?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wondering something about hop-ups..

I know that for heavier BBs, you need more hop-up to keep them in the air, but what if I change the power but not the hop-up or ammo?

Let's say I have a gun that's shoot 400 FPS with .20s.

I put .40s in it for more accuracy, so I have to turn the hop-up on more to keep them in the air.

If I was then to increase the FPS from 400 to 500 with .20s, but use .40s and NOT adjust the hop-up at all, would the .40s go higher, lower or stay the same with more power behind them, at a higher FPS?

• Supporters

I reckon it'd be about the same as well.

Though, I'd say you'd be better off using more hop, it's a fair bit cheaper lol.

Plus, upgrading the power will make it more likely the gun will break faster. Whereas with the hop, you can just keep buying a new rubber, which'll cost next to nothing.

• Supporters

I was just wondering as my hop on my sniper is too good (if that's possible) and when turned down as far as possible the .40s still go slightly too high, I plan on increasing the FPS to 500 anyway, so was wondering if this would help to solve the problem.

It's an AEG hop, so should I stick it in an AEG for a bit to wear it in?

i would say, get a sniper hop, like a Madbull red hop rubber thing, i think that would sort it,

im pretty sure AEG hops are softer (Sniper rubbers are harder) due to the FPS difference between the two type of guns.

• Supporters

It has upgraded hop & AEG barrel, so have to use AEG rubber, it's the Madbull red one. I think it may be the x-type nub, will try swapping it for another one.

Archived