UKARA Step By Step Process Please Help.

mikey-foxhound
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi Mike.

The UKARA process is very simple.

You have to play three games in a period longer than two months at one site. The site must be UKARA affiliated.

The site will keep a record of your game dates, and once you have played your three games, you may request to be put on the database. You then need to fill out a form and present a passport photo. The site will take care of the rest for you. You will be given a UKARA number, and within a few weeks a membership card.

Some places vary this slightly and require a form to be filled out each time you play, or require you to pay for site membership, it depends where you are and who you visit for your skirmishes. My advice would be to visit your local site and ask them how they do things.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

• Supporters

A card?

Do you have to have a card? My site just did it all over the phone with me after my 3 games. It took like 5 minutes. There was no posting or anything.

• Supporters

You should be issued a card. I believe it's a UKARA requirement. It also allows you some protection from the police so it's worth having.

At the end of the day, you only need the number, but without the card, the police could reasonably detain you till other proof that you were a skirmisher cam forward. I wouldn't register at a site without receiving a card as well.

• Supporters
You should be issued a card. I believe it's a UKARA requirement. It also allows you some protection from the police so it's worth having.

At the end of the day, you only need the number, but without the card, the police could reasonably detain you till other proof that you were a skirmisher cam forward. I wouldn't register at a site without receiving a card as well.

Cheers, I'll look into it.

• Supporters

I don't think the photographic requirement is there, but I'd prefer to have one with a photo on, otherwise it's a pretty meaningless piece of card...

UKARA isn't designed for use with the police, but it'd sure be nice if it was at least some help...

Archived