Mis-feeding on full auto but not on single action

PaulBre
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

It was the first outing for my M14 EBR at Dragon Valley last Sunday, sadly it was not the best the day for the gun :angry:

First off, it was about 10-17fps above the site limit, so spent some time having to completly strip it down to chop the spring, its now at about 310fps.

The second problem which is confusing me, is that before and after I took it apart, it would not feed properly on full auto (would fire a few, then miss some, then fire some more etc...), but on single shot, it fed every round every time no matter how fast I pulled the trigger.

I used a combination of the standard Kart mags, and TM mags (both mid and high cap), it didnt solve the problem.

The hop up unit looks ok (although I'm not an expert) and is alligned to the mag well and seems to be feeding bb's to the chamber ok.

I still need to see if the nozzle is drawing back fully as that could be the problem?

One odd thing is that when you turn the gun on its side or upside down, it fires every round on full auto.

Has anyone come across a problem like this before or have any ideas on what I could try to fix it?

Thanks,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I thought that at first, but I tried all 3 Kart mags that I got with the gun (1 high cap and 2 mid caps), along with about 3-4 TM high caps and a few TM mid caps, all high caps were fully wound and all mags used had the same misfeed result.

I have opened the gun up tonight, checked all of the gearbox internals and the hop up unit. The tappet plate and the nozzle retract as they should, and the hop up rubber and barrel sheath are in good condition. Although, there was alot of gunk and grease scattered inside the gearbox so I cleaned it up a little.

To me, everything looks to be in place and working fully, why it's rather confusing me :blink:

I dont know if all the mags were on the blink, I may have to try a friends TM mags that he skirmishes with, as they feed for him.

Maybe with what I've done tonight it may have fixed it, I will try some mags tomorrow and see whats what.

Paul.

On further reading tonight, I've discovered that a higher battery voltage can cause misfeed issues. This can usually be fixed by using a "tappet plate delay clip".

Think first off I'll try another battery, probably an 8.4v and see what the result is.

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
On further reading tonight, I've discovered that a higher battery voltage can cause misfeed issues. This can usually be fixed by using a "tappet plate delay clip".

Think first off I'll try another battery, probably an 8.4v and see what the result is.

Paul.

310 FPS and a 9,6 V battery? Yep - that's the problem. Get a 8,4 V.

• 4 weeks later...

wolf is right, if you got 9.6v your speed is relativly high, so you need what 'paulbre' mentioned, a sector clip, which will hold that nozzle open longer. THIS CLIP MAY NEED ADAPTING ITSELF DONT EXPECT IT TO JUST WORK WHEN YOU FITTED IT!!!

and if you have done no other upgrades to the gun get rid of the 9.6v. use 8.4v

Archived