Upgrading Well MB-01 (L96)

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Looking to further upgrade my sniper rifle, currently I've done the barrel, hop unit and rubber.

Currently has these parts installed; barrel, hop unit and hop rubber and nub.

Got one problem at the moment, which is when I turn the hop down as far as possible, .40g BBs are still going far too high (this is similar to my M4's problem....). The rubber's barely been used and is an AEG one, had under 100 shots through it, so is it just that it needs wearing in? If so, how many shots roughly to sort it?

And will increasing the FPS from 430 to 490 (using same weight ammo) mean there will be less hop on the BB?

Now back to upgrading, I'm upgrading to near 500 FPS with these parts; piston, spring, spring guide, cylinder and cylinder head.

The stock trigger system is plastic, and the outer casing has already started to crack, which I have super glued today, so I'll be needing a new one soon. I really don't want to spend £170~ on a LayLax one, and I know King Arms do a cheaper one (£100~). But I can't find it anywhere, Wolf Armouries used to have it, but it seems to have disappeared, anyone know where I can get one?

Also, is the King Arms one any good, or will it disintegrate with 500~ FPS?

Thanks a lot.

• Supporters

Pm dazz, I reckon he'll have the best advice ;)

• Supporters

Good idea, as I'm getting parts from his site.. now why couldn't I think of that :huh:

• Supporters

Thanks a lot! Could be what I get, unless I find a King Arms in stock in the UK in the next few days!

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

You need the large Allen key that came with the gun and a small-ish flat head screw driver.

Before you start, make sure the gun is not cocked.

1 - remove the cheek rest. This is done by loosening the two larger Allen screws on the right side of the stock.

2 - remove the spring guide stopper. This is done by putting your thumb in front of the trigger and pushing down on the curved piece of metal. It may require quite a lot of force, but will pop out and part will stick out the bottom of the gun.

3 - remove the bolt. Just go to cock the gun as you would normally, but the stopper won't catch the spring, so the bolt should slide straight out.

4 - remove the reducer. Unscrew the small brass piece in the end of the cylinder head. This is the reducer.

5 - put the bolt and spring guide stopper back. Put the bolt back as it was, you need to use a screwdriver to push down the little bit sticking up to get it go in properly. Then push the spring guide stopper back up until it clicks into place, which may require some force.

6 - put the cheek rest back on. Put it in place and tighten the screws - don't do them too tight or they get stuck and the nut cracks the plastic of the stock - like mine has.

Hope this makes some sense, it should do if you have the gun there.

Archived