New CQB Site opening in Watford area

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going be open very soon, within a couple of weeks.

Cheers for the interest guys.

We have a website and a facebook page up now as soon as we have an opening date we will announce it

(along with site rules and fps limits etc) i'd like to think people will want to go there to play and have fun and a great time not to get hurt eh ;)

Really looking forward to the site getting up and running. My mates from Winchester want to come up too. There's something about skirmishing in a school

Lol im so happy, It is, technically, down the road from me :P A long few roads

I was at the tester game and it was good fun, as said mainly in the playground area there was not enough cover to move up (whites couldnt get anywhere in the ammo box timer game) We just shot em as they came across haha.

Played the tester game today; was really good apart from a couple of ares where there were bottlenecks but we know how to structure the games around that now so it won't be an issue in the future. It's gonna be really good when it opens.

Really ?

I wouldn't have used the word "good" to be honest.

After witnessing no less than 3 separate incidents of blatant non-hit taking/cheating and hearing constant moans from the Silver Team about how they kept getting hit all the time, and too many Reds were using pistols etc.

I'm sorry ? You expect to bunch up mill around in groups and not get hit ?

Pistols ? Its a CQB site - perfect environment for using a pistol.

Not my fault i carry a pistol and i'm more than happy to use it.

Silvers shouting "Hit" raising their hands to show they'd been shot out, and then proceeding to carry on as if nothing had happened.

Seeing rounds bouncing off people who then totally ignored them.

So, packed up and left at 1:30 pm.

Sorry, not for me.

Nice site with loads of possibilities.

I'd already spoken to Steve parry about this - hopefully it'll get taken up and settled.

I can say in all honestly in over 11 years of skirmishing thats been one of the most dissappointing games i've played.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

You'll have to take it as it was - a free game so we could see how it works with a large number of players.

We've tweaked the games and rules a bit and will be adding more cover into the playground (this was always our intention but we ran short on time and man hours to get thins done)

The video is taking quite a while because not all the footage is loading onto my computer. As for pictures there was somebody taking them but I don't know where they've got too! I'll upload some of mine off of my phone a bit later but not much on there I'm afraid :)

Really ?

I wouldn't have used the word "good" to be honest.

After witnessing no less than 3 separate incidents of blatant non-hit taking/cheating and hearing constant moans from the Silver Team about how they kept getting hit all the time, and too many Reds were using pistols etc.

I'm sorry ? You expect to bunch up mill around in groups and not get hit ?

Pistols ? Its a CQB site - perfect environment for using a pistol.

Not my fault i carry a pistol and i'm more than happy to use it.

Silvers shouting "Hit" raising their hands to show they'd been shot out, and then proceeding to carry on as if nothing had happened.

Seeing rounds bouncing off people who then totally ignored them.

So, packed up and left at 1:30 pm.

Sorry, not for me.

Nice site with loads of possibilities.

I'd already spoken to Steve parry about this - hopefully it'll get taken up and settled.

I can say in all honestly in over 11 years of skirmishing thats been one of the most dissappointing games i've played.

To be fair mate it was a free tester game and not a proper gameplay day to get an idea of what needs to be improved upon. If you had stayed after 1:30 the games did tend to improve. The majority of people we invited were supposed to be experienced players so we relied on them to play the games fairly, give us their feedback as the day progressed and not need the marshals to baby sit them. We were very lenient on the tester day but take my word this will not be the case on normal skirmish days. All guns will be crono'ed before play and cheating will be dealt with (If you cheat you walk). :)

To be fair mate it was a free tester game and not a proper gameplay day to get an idea of what needs to be improved upon. If you had stayed after 1:30 the games did tend to improve. The majority of people we invited were supposed to be experienced players so we relied on them to play the games fairly, give us their feedback as the day progressed and not need the marshals to baby sit them. We were very lenient on the tester day but take my word this will not be the case on normal skirmish days. All guns will be crono'ed before play and cheating will be dealt with (If you cheat you walk). :)

I understand its an invite only to develop the site - i have no issue with that at all.

And a free game is always a nice touch and i was pleased to have been invited along too (my thanks to Mr Parry for that)

I just don't expect to run across a team of Kevlar wearers with added extra " instant re-spawn on the spot"

As previously stated, i'd made my observations known to Steve about the issues i encountered.

I understand its an invite only to develop the site - i have no issue with that at all.

And a free game is always a nice touch and i was pleased to have been invited along too (my thanks to Mr Parry for that)

I just don't expect to run across a team of Kevlar wearers with added extra " instant re-spawn on the spot"

As previously stated, i'd made my observations known to Steve about the issues i encountered.

I think that the main thing to remember is that due to the structure of the site as good as it is, there are areas where there will be bottlenecks. However eventually the games will be structured around this to prevent these problems and improve gameplay.

The site still is a work in progress and we didn't know how well the games were going to work on Saturday. There also still barricades and other stuff that needs to be made.

As for cheating that won't happen again. As previously mentioned there was more leniency on the day because it was a tester game - cheaters will be thrown off, end of story. You spoke about silvers moaning about pistols? The case was actually members of that team believed that some pistols were over the FPS limit. Whether that was true or not can't be said because hardly anyone was chronoed. On the real game days everyone will be chronoed before the day starts eliminating that problem. Rules on respawn points will also be stricter.

Basically what I'm saying is that because of the invite only situation we really didn't expect to have to be dealing with problems with indivual players and teams; we emphasised on working out what game scenarios worked and didn't think issues with players would be a problem. On the actual days this won't be an issue.

Cheers for the feedback we need it to improve the site :)

Archived