Do you really need a pistol?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Dave as in rocky climby Dave, he works there

SRC make one thats probably good but I've never used one.

Cyma is probably the best under 200

But you can get a full metal and wood ka for 250

Tbh though, you'd be better off saving for a real sword or getting a second hand one

I'm goign to get all my loadout and that stuff before i get a pistol, would prefer to buy extra mags instead

I was just thinking, Is it really neededin woodland?

Because at the moment I am looking at a CYMA AK-47 (Known to be the best AK-47s) For a VERY cheap price. the only time I ever used a pistol in CSW is to show off!

What do you think?

Remember I have a M4 aswell!

Hi, Just registered for this forum. I own a outdoor laser tag site, just outside of Winchester. I am soon to be opening the site up for airsoft use,would anyone be interested in using it? It is not massive, only 8-9 acres. I have a open field and woodlands if you go facebook and go woodlands laser tag and become a friend, you will some pics. I am just really trying to get infomation about airsoft. If anyone can help that would be great! Help!! How do I start a topic??

I wish someone would open a friggin site in the south east!

As for pistols in woodland - i would spend the money on something else.

1) Woodland = twigs and leaves = deflected bb's. With aeg's, not a problem, you got a lot of rounds, pistols, not so much.

2) The range factor, as in for the most part you will be out ranged with what most people are using - aeg's. At a cqb site, its not as big a deal.

3) I find that the beauty of the pistol is using it in a one shot kill manner. However, my experience is in woodland people are more likely to pass a single hit as a twig hitting them or drop of something, rather than a bb.

Thats all i got for now. Personally if i wanted a back up for woodland, i would go mp5k style/ small smg.

Edit: I have tried taking a g-spec without silencer and a folded stock g36c into woodland. It is not easy, you will struggle with two full size aeg's, not only when moving, but when trying to get into cover.

• Supporters

I'm with cyrax on this, pistols are, for the most part, unneeded in woodland, I hardly ever use either of mine.... though that'll definitely change when I get the ebr :P

Also, as he said, 2 primarys us too cumbersome, you'd be better off carrying more ammo for your DMR, and spend money upgrading that

ics make the best ak. my aks-74u will do 60 metres beore it drops, and ive got headshots at 20 metres(the only reason i was aiming for the head is because that was all i could see. plus full metal and wood at 300 pounds.(and how much is the real sword)

i used my pistol as a lightweight option to...how do i say this, "Leg it" to the objective to find someone telling me to get my AK47 and run back to were he was, which was asking me to get sprayed by everyone, even friendlies i bet!

Off topic: Cam, CYMA CM.028 AK47 £110 posted? its the already 2 toned version. either way, a beast! (for the price!)

hehe :P but, will it blend,

no, on topic again, i use my pistol lots in the mall, as do others. urban areas and CQB areas are pistol heaven

• Supporters

I used mine quite a lot yesterday, as my M4 was playing up really badly.. care to help me identify & solve the problems? http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=6261#entry42418

in urban areas or kill houses they make great sense,

BTW anyone want to help with the issues in my sinature below :)

Archived