Dave's M82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A few questions and comments have cropped up, so I thouhght I may aswel answer them all in one nice, neat place.

Is it heavy?

Well... Yes, for an airsoft gun. It weighs 5/6KG, but also remember that it is a barrett so it is surprisngly lightweight. It's all aluminium, so that cuts weight by about half of the steel Socom gear version.

Is it Robust?

Yes.

How the hell do you transport a 1.45m long rifle to and from games?

I disasemble it into 3 main compnents - Lower, upper and barrel. They are very easy to dissassemble and take a max of 3 minutes to reaseemble on site, it all fits nicely into a Large Shotbox.

How well does it shoot OOTB?

Not very, tbh. ROF is slow and poor trigger response. Shimmed up with a consistent spring in it (madbul M130) and a new hop unit and rubber I'm doing just shy of 400FPS and using .3's I'm hitting a 30cm grouping with flat hop up on the crosshair at about 50/60m every time.

What scope does it come with?

a cheapy china 3-9*50 variable zoom, red illuminated BIIIIIIG sun shield on the front and flip up lense caps.

Does the carry handle do anything?

yes, It IS sturdy enough to lift the whole gun, loaded and magged up, but I wouldn't trust it for too long in a stretch. I'm sure It's fine to use, but I dont fancy risking it.

Is a 3-9 zoom scope a little excessive on essentially a DMR?

It's a Barrett. -_-

How much did it cost?

I got mine from novatcombat for £325 shipped, I know actionhobbies have them for £360, plus the upgrades for it to work like mine does You'd probably want to make it a £500 spend with 2 more mags included.

Worth it?

It lives at patrolbase for people to oggle, It really is a thing of beauty and awe. It shoots like a dream it is just a little large to use in most skirmishes. But I definatly don't intend on selling it anytime soon.

Pics can be found on patrol base's facebook page.

any other quesions/discussions ask/talk away!

• Supporters

Does it just use standard M4 internals?

Wish my sniper was easier to transport, 1.4m long, doesn't easily come apart :(

is it me or is that a grenade launcher on the bottom of the mini gun?

Archived