The best MILSIM ever?

Tropic_Blunder
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As you may of read in my first post introducing myself to the forums I live here in the Philippines, although British born and bred. Airsoft over here is very widespread and used by the local police and military for CQB training and as such sometimes join together with the local airsoft playes for training ops. One such event is coming up which I have to say has made me cream my pants!

My team as well as a few others will be joining the Philippine marines for a three day MILSIM event during which time we weill eat, sleep, and play in the thick jungles of north Luzon. This is also the exact same area which was used for filming both Platoon, and also Hamburger Hill. We have been told that teams will be transported out to the drop zone via Huey helicopter and we will repel down to the floor f*cking CAN'T WAIT!!!!

From then on it's three days of navigation, movement, and hopefully firefights. The event is scheduled for October so right now we are having to fill out all paperwork which will allow us on to military property (even more paper work for us foreigners) but it will be so worth it. You can be sure I'll have lots of pictures to post here as soon as the event is over.

Should be amazing!

If you wanted to trade places, i'd be up for that!

BTW what camo you going to be wearing in the jungle?

Hi mate that sounds amazing and dangerous! Would be great if you could take pictures and make a video!!

Have fun!

rb ;)

coz if they did they would most prob set the ghurkas lose, and the second we say one with their knife out we wouldnt stop running in the oposite direction

• Supporters

Just go speak to your local base commander and tell him its a good way to build public relations and get free training out of the guys once they are adicted.

Just go speak to your local base commander and tell him its a good way to build public relations and get free training out of the guys once they are adicted.

+1 to that!

OMG OMG I want in! As a big Milsim player this is right up my street! God dam it I would love this! Why can't the British Army do this?

they did one in northern Ireland for the TA and regular army they got one of the sites to supply weapons and the army provided a urban area and a puma helicopter it was about a years a go it was epic

yeah TA would be more a fail,

I remember when i was in the amrine cadet force we had a few instructers who were in the TA and the cadets knew more then they did, I felt sooo sorry for them

facts of life

if you cant join the army you join the TA

if you cant get in the TA you go airsofting

if you cant airsoft you paint ball

and if you cant paint ball you sit on the xbox shouting i could do better

haha, and if you fail at xbox there is always Gameboy Colour :D

where do the reserves fit in and laser tag? ;)

the reserves that's like saying "i couldn't get in the SAS so ill join the cadets instead"

as for laser quest i dont think is a milsim as i cant see my self running around with a red disk on my chest and a feg in my mouth going pew pew i got you pew pew

beside im not going if he is

http://www.zacktaylor.ca/.a/6a00e54edfa92d...f5221e88970b-pi

if i was marshal of that game i would inform people that gunwhiping was alloud and put the beeb and his farther against every one else. and insted of guns id give the larger team hammers and say think of it as a cowboys and idians game. heres a knife if you want to scalp them aswell

dude thats amazing, head cam? :P have good fun, even though its a while ahead :P

If you wanted to trade places, i'd be up for that!

BTW what camo you going to be wearing in the jungle?

Hey Man,

Right now our team uses woodland marpat, although for events like this we normally use British DPM, although very common in the UK its very rare out here so it makes us stand out, plus it works very well!

Our team is manily expat based with myself, one other British guy, and two Americans. The british guy is ex Para, and the two Americans are one ex marine and one ex special forces so I get taught all sorts of cool stuff. We should give the filipino teams a good run for the money!

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the snakes, Cobra's are quite common so we have to watch our step. Other than that it should be great fun. I'm gonna try and take sh*t loads of pictures as roping out a huey helicopter is pretty much a one time deal. I'm gonna take my iPod and listen to either one of these tracks on the helicopter flight out.....haha

Fortunate Son has the be the song you use. i prefer the lyrics though its just the song that has to be done.

And try not to get bit, as you the only pictures we'll be seeing is you on the front cover of national geographic with your leg half hanging off from gang green or something.

Hey Man,

Right now our team uses woodland marpat, although for events like this we normally use British DPM, although very common in the UK its very rare out here so it makes us stand out, plus it works very well!

Our team is manily expat based with myself, one other British guy, and two Americans. The british guy is ex Para, and the two Americans are one ex marine and one ex special forces so I get taught all sorts of cool stuff. We should give the filipino teams a good run for the money!

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the snakes, Cobra's are quite common so we have to watch our step. Other than that it should be great fun. I'm gonna try and take sh*t loads of pictures as roping out a huey helicopter is pretty much a one time deal. I'm gonna take my iPod and listen to either one of these tracks on the helicopter flight out.....haha

yea, DPM would work well in the tropics, a digital pattern wouldn't so much, MARPAT is designed for canada, and thus should me worn in canada (i think its safe to say I am the resident Digital camo hater)

as for the snakes, just keep an eye out but don't be sh*tting yourself, they'll probably move out of the way if not just give them a wide birth

and the music, where's ride of the valkyries???

also, when you're camping whats the rules of taking eye protection off etc.? you can't really sleep with goggles on?

thanks

Because that song it Utter bollocks.........do you accept the fact that they will proberbly be in tents so googles could be taken off?

Because that song it Utter bollocks.........do you accept the fact that they will proberbly be in tents so googles could be taken off?

yea but its fitting :)

oh so they use tents i would have guessed tarps and bashers but if tents then makes sense

well still bashers bivvys, what ever you use not much of a worry of BBs getting though, As after all it should never be any higher then knee hight :D and your burgen takes up the footwell while vests and webbing takes up headroom

well still bashers bivvys, what ever you use not much of a worry of BBs getting though, As after all it should never be any higher then knee hight :D and your burgen takes up the footwell while vests and webbing takes up headroom

okay cool, sorry to sound so n00by, I don't know anything about weekenders, but they sound like fun!

Archived