WAS RICAS or WAS Compact RICAS

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI,

I'm planning on getting a warrior RICAS but some have said to get the compact

whats the difference and which should i get?

Thanks

• Supporters

I emailed uktactical about this ages ago, ill try and find their reply.

From what I remember, the compact (unsurprisingly) is smaller, and the standard has a sling.mounting system around the shoulders.

I think the standard is for land units and the compact was made for those who are in smaller spaces such as the marines.... but don't quote me on that ;)

• Supporters

Quick thing, do you run around alot, and need the 'freedom' of a slightly more compact rig, and do you plan on having a belt kit aswell? Either way I'd go compact, it looks better to me :P

Nutster, I do a lot of running (being a sprinter) but i am currently running a SAAV and that does hinder at all, I'm also not going to have a belt kit, I want it all on one thing and i was worrying about the compact not having enough space or being to chest rigy (don't want a chest rig)

Will also be using it for ACF

• Supporters

What you gonna be loading it up with? Should be enough room

the normal, lot of ammo, but i also need a lot of utility pouches for ACF i.e water, hex cooker etc.

• Supporters

Ricas compact with rucksack or it gotta all be 1 thing?

I could do but when its a weekender or camp I'll have a bergain so couldn't really have two backpacks.

was having a look and they actuallt look quite similar, with the normal having one more row of molle loops,

but from pics i think most of the real military have the normal

yea but the osprey stuff is bloody expensive to get it in DPM and i like the look of the RICAS

so which one?

• Supporters

Another thing to consider is how well built are you?

well i'm 5"8' and reasonable built, not skinny, but not a tank, size medium for tops (you can see from my vids)

if this helps, I'm a 38 inch chest, so do you think the normal would fit????

thanks a lot

• Supporters

Normal will be huge, at a guess, don't know how adjustable they are though

i sent them an e-mail and they said the medium should fit but has anyone here got the normal or compact?

Archived