2-Tone and all this law stuff?

MatthewKeys
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there

I am completely new to airsoft, and I was just considering buying a nice powerful sniper.. But then I came across all of this law and 2-tone business which I have no idea how it works?

Are my parents allowed to buy me a realistic black L96 sniper? Or would it have to be 2-tone? And would I be able to buy a realistic looking sniper from someone on the forum (second hand)? :blink:

Cheers

Matt

• Supporters
Hey there

I am completely new to airsoft, and I was just considering buying a nice powerful sniper.. But then I came across all of this law and 2-tone business which I have no idea how it works?

Are my parents allowed to buy me a realistic black L96 sniper? Or would it have to be 2-tone? And would I be able to buy a realistic looking sniper from someone on the forum (second hand)? :blink:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums. I'm Finius, and I don't think I'm overstepping my mark to say that I'm the AFUK lawguy most of the time :)

The way that the VCRA works is as follows.

To buy an imitation firearm, you must be over eighteen. This covers our two-tones. To buy a realistic imitation firearm, you must be over eighteen and have access to a specific defense (one of those being skirmishing etc). These rules apply to buying and selling, wherever you get the RIF or IF from, as well as making them etc etc.

You can however be given either as a gift any age and whether you are a skirmisher or not.

If you are under eighteen, your parents can only buy you a two-tone, unless one of them is registered as a skirmisher (the person buying must be the skirmisher, not the intended recipient). When I say they may buy you the two-tone, they must buy it for you as a gift, you must not give them the money (i.e. they cannot buy it on your behalf, using your money etc).

I hope this clears things up for you (I could go into a lot more detail, but all the information you need is either here right now, or dotted about this section of the forums already).

If you need any more help with anything to do with airsoft law, PM me or post up here :)

Archived