Tents!

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It's coming up to the end of the season for camping and the great outdoors and so millets have put on a huge sale of all their tents and camping bits.

I wandered in today and found that they have Ryde two man tents by Eurohike for £15.00 in-store.

They're exactly the same as these ones here: Clicky

Not exactly airsoft, but anyone who is looking to get into Milsim or weekend events may be interested and for £15, if they fall apart after two outings, so what?

Got lots of other kit reduced (including better and bigger tents, multitools for £3, sleeping sets for a tenner etc), so if you want to start milsimming next year, take yourself down and have a look, grab yourself some cheap essentials!

If they don't have them in stock at that store, they have an instore-order service and can get tents etc for you at sale prices, delivered to the store for you to pickup at no extra cost; provided they have them at the warehouse (as of 10am this morning, they had 235 of the above tent left in the warehouse).

I personally picked up two; one for me, one for my brother and still spent less than their beginning of season catologue price (they were listed as £69.99).

Cheers,

Tom.

I just have two bivvy sheets, £3 total spend :D

When i camp i like to do it properly, Unless its a festival then i go all out, with gazebo blow up beds and huge ass tents :D. but thats a once a year thing, real camping is more fun only carry what is light and what you can easily run in, so bivvys make the perfect tent, and what is more stylish then sleeping like a real man

Kinda off topic but I went in my local millets in town the other day and I was looking for some gear by bear grylls and apparently none of them knew who he was lol. And I was thinking of grabbing some stuff like this so im happy about this.

• Supporters

Never been to a MilSim before, for the overnight ones, does the game continue throughout the night? or does it stop, everyone camp and the continue in the morning?

• Supporters

Depends what you go to, some places go all night, others have a kit down time, others keep the games going but minimise it to special forces teams only during the night (i.e. small squad based firefights instead of everyone bailing into a fight kinda job).

Night ops would be cool, doing recon or something. how would the respawn rule work though?

• Supporters

From what I've experienced and been told, night-ops are usually much more casual and slow paced, often revolving around selecive "bleed out" - if you are not healed or "medic'd" within a minute, go find a marshal and he'll guide you to a decent and appropriate respawn location.

Airsoft is a mixed pot though, I imagine there's a million ways to do it.

i quite like the bleed out play, it sounds more realistic, although, it also does sound a bit like the gun games i used to play when i was a kid.

although i can picture some people who would just sit there with their hand up saying hit/medic, then i picture some one who has gotten really deep into their role and lays on the floor holding their gut screaming medic and faking ingury sounds, and doing what they can to win a bafta for best actor

Archived