AF-UK on tour (battlefield tour possibility).

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A friend of mine and myself were discussing battlefield tours last night and we're planning to go on one next summer, during the school break.

We have no price in mind yet, since we haven't contacted any of the operators for a quote, but we wanted a tour that would cover some WW1, some WW2 and some of the other bits and bats around Europe.

In order to achieve this, we'd need a fairly big group, otherwise it's not worth the tour operator organising a custom itinerary.

Would any AF-UKers be interested?

If we go enough folks on board we could essentially do an airsoft-only battlefield tour, which would probably be great. Airsofters I feel have a natural understanding and compassion for all soldiers; even the bad guys, so I think everyone would get on, we could maybe do an airsoft event before we went on the tour, or something, have a bit of a party once we'd returned, all that sort of stuff. Guests and friends etc who weren't airsofters would also be welcome etc etc.

Itinerary would probably look something like:

All day airsoft event.

Passchedaele, Ypres, Somme (two of the three, probably the first two) and various war cemeteries.

Omaha, Sword, Juno, D-Day cemeteries, St Mere Eglise, Pegasus Bridge, possibly some of the camps.

After party/event.

--

If we could book enough people on (i.e. fill a bus), it'd probably not be too expensive, and these tours typically include accomodation and two of the three daily meals, running from two days up to five.

Let me know if you're interested, if no-one fancies it, me and my mate will just go it alone anyway some how (even if we have to string four or five tours together to see it all).

Cheers.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not to shoot your idea down, because I think it is good, but, you'd struggle to fill a bus. We haven't managed to sell enough patches to everyone that could fit on a bus and they're far more affordable :P

tis a fair point Matt, I'll be getting a patch as soon as I have somewhere to put it

I wouldn't be able to go but I did go to Belgium/France with my school and I think the sites you would definitely have to go to would be; Ypres, The Somme, Thiepval, The WW1 Museum in Ypres and 100% The Menin Gate, you can't say you haven't been on a WW1/2 tour without going there, very harrowing but a must see,

This was my suggestions any who

EDIT: Also @Dev, I will be buying a patch as well once I have a decent idea of what my proper first load out will be, I look like a bit of a Nazi/EDL Member at the moment, not something I'd like to keep up!!!

I wouldn't be able to go but I did go to Belgium/France with my school and I think the sites you would definitely have to go to would be; Ypres, The Somme, Thiepval, The WW1 Museum in Ypres and 100% The Menin Gate, you can't say you haven't been on a WW1/2 tour without going there, very harrowing but a must see,

This was my suggestions any who

EDIT: Also @Dev, I will be buying a patch as well once I have a decent idea of what my proper first load out will be, I look like a bit of a Nazi/EDL Member at the moment, not something I'd like to keep up!!!

A tour sounds good but thats some major project. My mate who is a general in Team Tactics from europe (paintball) organise a event twice a year in CZ. There are more than 200 players each time.

Thair team is about 25 strong, but they go down there in convoy. Car sharing is probably still cheaper than chartering a bus, but since we are on a island here there is always some swimming involved. The uk really isnt that big so organizing couple of events a year should be possible.

rb

you could always do a big game in the centre of where everyone is if you wanted to do a big forum thing

• Supporters

I think we have put our foot in the cookie jar before weve worked out it's for our hands here is what i perseve as the intended plan that is a one of tour thing not reaccuring but maybe im the only one with ma foot were the yummy stuff i supposed to go?

• Supporters

I'd envisioned this as a one off thing, in terms of the battlefield tour at least.

The airsoft day itself is more of a side-event that'll simply be there because I intend to make it up a group of airsofters and we might as well do something if we're all together.

If there was interest, I would however be willing to organise a yearly forum event with Dev's permission, though given current regular membership, I think submitting a team to an already running, bigger event might be a better idea (I.e. a 25man GZ Weekender team).

i would still vote for the forum regs taking over a site for a day

Archived