MP5 - "hook" over the magwell (sling mount?)

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What is that hook for? I googled and the answer on another airsoft forum was that its a sling mount. That idea sure have come to my head... but I never seen a sling attached to it. is it a sling mount? if so, can anyone post a picture with sling attached, if not... what is it for?

What is that hook for? I googled and the answer on another airsoft forum was that its a sling mount. That idea sure have come to my head... but I never seen a sling attached to it. is it a sling mount? if so, can anyone post a picture with sling attached, if not... what is it for?

As fair as ive been made aware, is a 'quick attach' loop for when operators want to attach it tight to their outfit when repelling or using their hands for other uses.

As its located in the middle - the weight of the gun is equally distributed acoss the body and it makes life easier to re-arm the weapon and detach quickly.

a 3-point sling might not always be effective as it only allows the user to fling it back around the waist. But not all operators utilise the feature of the middle attach point as it requires an additional connection point on the outfit which can accidentally clip to something else.

hope this helps.

Archived