Getting back out there...

Anatonic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I'm Matt - 24 years young and looking to get back out airsofting! I've not been since late 2007 and with a renewed interest from friends, I've decided to dust off the Eastern Bloc gear and fetch out the RK-105, Dragunov and Maruzen Scorpions for a game or two!

My only real question is where to skirmish? I used to play regularly with a team of mature guys in their 30s down in Kent and we all slowly found other things taking importance, going to less skirmishes and hence why I haven't been now in nearly 3 years! Used to be a regular and well known at the CAGE sites till Mark moved on, but I live in Wantage, nr Oxford and the journey was a killer there and back every weekend - but was worthwhile for the guys I played with.

I used to also frequent a site at Eversley which I thought was brilliant as it was only down the road for me and a good gaming area - and a shame I couldn't have been more regular there - but this seems to have all but disappeared? Anyone any ideas if they still exist? Last time I went, they had cancelled a few games as they had issues with travellers on the site nicking stuff and structures, but I'm sure they were running games up till 2010 at least?

I'm thinking F&O at The Mall in Reading is my closest and probably best bet for a few good CQB games (especially as the weather isn't going to get much better from now on - bonus of an indoor site!) but I'm very much a man of the woodland and wondered if anyone can recommend any sites that aren't too far away?

I honestly don't mind a bit of a trip to somewhere, but bearing in mind I'm on my own, I'd prefer it to be a little more local and with a good group of regulars that are open to new guys coming in. I went to Finmere a few years back and I had a good day of gaming, but there was very much a clique there as the numbers were small, and everyone had pretty much been a regular there for some time. Much prefer the larger sites where you can strike up a few different convos - and hopefully find myself a regular set of guys to game with again.

Cheers!

Matt.

Cheers for the link - will give that a good browse!

Does seem a little out of date though as there is nothing in Wallingford anymore from what can see (Xsite The Orchard) and Eversley as I say - not sure where that went to?

Anyone been to Experience Airsoft in Swindon?

Archived