Strike Back

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thought this might interest some people.

Im sure it will be blatantly unrealistic and everyone will horribly misuse their weapons, and the man in the white vest will be a he-man of sorts - but there is shooting and explosions, probably nice ladies, and gruff, manly talking.

http://sky1.sky.com/strike-back

slightly curious i quote "Think a secret SAS team on steroids" um yeah.. :P sounds good, isnt this Chris Ryan's thingy? if so, since he made a TV series called Chris Ryan's Elite World Cops and he was ex-SAS so hopefully he will be doing something properly lol

Hopefully someone more in the know can help, but i think there was a previous season? And that was called Strike Back, after the book.

No idea if it was based on the content of the book, as i havent read it.

But yes, you would hope he would keep an eye on what people do with his work - but as was said in the "guns in game" section sometimes whats real doesnt always look best.

• Supporters

I watched the first series. It was good enough for me to watch them all but it was, as you rightly assumed, let down by AK proof land rovers and other such unrealistic tosh.

Still, I will be watching this new series too lol :D

As for being true to the book, I've no idea as I've not read it either.

Saw the first, enjoyed it. Mindless shooting and explosions with the SAS, fun.

I've heard some saying that this new one is "like Strike Back, Ultimate Force and 24 all had an evil child" so I'm a little wary. But...

Explosions and guns.

• Supporters

Anyone just watch it?

I really would have put that bit in spoiler tags in case someone hadn't seen that part yet...

• Supporters

Deleted that part of the post.

Totally didn't think... Hopefully not ruined it for anyone.

But tbh, it was just on. If you missed it, you missed it.

Plus, I mentioned a character from series one, who so far doesn't really appear to have much to do with this series. So it wasn't even technically a spoiler.

At least not a plot spoiler.

spoiler

what the feck was that?

i was really looking forward to this i didn't watch any of the trailers or read any thing about it

and I'm presented with this, this load of shite i'm not happy about this

fecking shite hawk

woah, i recorded it, Sky plus ftw :P

EDIT: I shall watch it whenever my mum is out, it says it contains Sexual scenes! :o haha

i will let you know what i think of it!

sorry for double post but it was awesome, just can't wait for the next one.

Archived