Getting results tomorrow?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A lot of my younger mates are getting their results tomorrow. They're all nervous, one to the extent where vomit is involved.

So, as Mr Grandfather Finius I have this advice.

If it all goes tits up for you tomorrow. I want you to consider this.

My brother got one E at A-level. Just one. English Lit. That's it, nothing else, nada. He saw his careers advisor same day, who told him it was manual work or bust. He told the bloke to sod off and decided he'd had enough of other people telling him what he could or could not do with his life.

He's only 36, he's on six figures (has been for some time) and he does one of the coolest jobs in the country.

A-levels are important, but if you want something for yourself, you'll find a way, whether academia is your strong-point or not.

Let us know how you do!

(If you're not getting results, but know someone who is, feel free to pass the above story on, it's 100% legit non-chain-mail straight from the house of Finius).

if it all feck's up just do what i did join the army 3 years later leave then join a PMC (or make your own)

Having a vague knowledge of what Finius thinks is cool from the forum, I'll hazard a guess...

He works with penguins. Who travels the globe.

He's a penguin zoo-ologist. :lol:

Yup, got my A2 results tomorrow. :unsure::blink:

Need 3 A (I'm taking history, politics, eng.lang, art and general studies) to get into Kings College London to do War Studies.

• Supporters

Get my AS Results tomorrow, hoping for better than I'm expecting

• Supporters

I was in Majorca when I got my GCSE results, a friend picked them up for me, then she phoned me and told me.

Was great sitting on the beach receiving my results! :)

He's mr Popper!!!! Rofl, good luck guys, i am meant to know when my sister receives her results (GCSE's) but i dont actually know but she got an A or an A* on german which makes me think she will get good grades on other stuff lol

Got my Masters dissertation in on Monday. Good luck to all those who are awaiting results. If you miss the required grade then call the uni or college, preferably in the office where you'll be going and explain. It's what I did and I got a D when I needed a B. They like initiative.

• Supporters
Having a vague knowledge of what Finius thinks is cool from the forum, I'll hazard a guess...

Yup, got my A2 results tomorrow. :unsure::blink:

Need 3 A (I'm taking history, politics, eng.lang, art and general studies) to get into Kings College London to do War Studies.

Nothing to do with penguins I'm afraid, the only way he could possibly be cooler than he is would be to work with penguins.

Good luck to everyone!

That was the most painful and stressful night of my life, not least because I picked up a bug and have been suffering from d&v :(

But...

4As, 1 B, I'm going to London :D

Cannot describe how happy I am

Hope everyone else did well!

• Supporters
That was the most painful and stressful night of my life, not least because I picked up a bug and have been suffering from d&v :(

But...

4As, 1 B, I'm going to London :D

Cannot describe how happy I am

Hope everyone else did well!

You could do 5 subjects at A level? Your school must be enormous.

Or rather, must have been enormous. You're free now! :lol:

Mine still had upwards of 1500 students and I was only allowed to do 4 subjects maximum and even then they advised you drop one after AS to help with the work load.

Hahaha, no my school foundation is actually pretty small. My year group is the smallest in living history, 84 with me, and about 97 at the girls over the road.

Everyone drops their fourth, but takes on general studies. I hpwever, didn't.

It's simply because I didn't want to drop art or english, and pretty much fought tooth and nail to be allowed to continue it. Everyone usual had 14 free (sorry, 'study' :rolleyes: ) periods every cycle (2 weeks). I only had 6 in the 2 week cycle haha!

I might be free, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it. The past 7 years - especially my last 2 - have been amazing.

If you'd have told me back in year 7 that I'd miss my school, I'd have laughed.

• Supporters

What school was it, out of interest?

It sounds like it could be Ermysteads Grammar, near my girlfriend's school, Skipton Girls.

Is it in Skipton?

I am waiting for my science results: B1a, B1b, P1b

Anyone know about theses?

Yep Did them last year, the Biology was quite easy as was the phyiscs, wait until you start doing P3 and B3, I dont give a f*ck about Chemistry because that was rock solid

Get my results on the 25th

• Supporters
A few miles away actually.

QEGS, part of the WGSF (a real fan of MLAs...)

Gibberish part of the gibberish, real fan of the gibberish?

What? Lol.

Excellent, if you don't recognise those I'm in the clear!

(Oh the joys of going to a school that gets so much flak you'd think it was painted as a Lancaster flying over Berlin... I wouldn't mind, but we're not actually posh, rich or thatcherite! We are not Eton or Harrow!)

QEGS - queen elizabeth grammar school (Wakefield), part of the Wakefield Grammar School Foundation, which is evidently a fan of multiple-letter-acronyms

Archived