WE Open bolt (chamber) help!

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hmm.

Swap deal has ended up cancelled and I realllllyyyyy can't be arsed to try and sell my M16 on here again lol.

So I'm thinking I might throw money at it as a last ditch effort to make it work as well as I'd like.

Plan is to buy an open bolt kit and obviously swap my mags for the open bolt ones.

So can anyone tell me whether the open bolt kit makes the gun better/worse and how so?

Also, for the new mags, open bolt kit and labour costs for a techie because I don't fancy disassembling the trigger assembly without help, how much am I looking at spending? Best/worse senario.

My guess is around £80 for the kit, £35 per mag and £25 - £40 for techie help.

So that's a rather epically expensive £315 to £340-350ish depending on techie costs and assuming I buy another 6 mags.

So, I now have 8 closed bolt mags for sale, 6 gas and 2 CO2. Any takers?

Any techies?

Any free open bolt kits? :rolleyes:

• Supporters

Has he been through the process then?

I read somewhere earlier that you can buy conversion kits for the closed bolt mags, but I've not been able to find any anywhere as of yet. But hopefully that'll knock the cost down a bit.

Archived