Games Getting It Wrong..

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

the one thing that f*cking anoys me about Battlefield, RPGS and carl gustaves, tehy are not homing missiles.........RPG its a line of sight grenade for f*ck sake, and the carl gustave. its a fires a shell not a rocket.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

suddenly BF isn't that godly! (and comence angry replies)

but i think we can all agree that the most realistic war game out there is mario kart? :D

while i do notice things that are done wrong in both games and films im not usualy that bothered if im honest, a game can never ever be realistic no matter what they do so i would rarther they made things look cooler/play better

for people who do like more realistic games i found battlefield 2 reality mod to be the best as they put a system where having bullets fly pastyour head darkens your screen giving you no choice but to duck for cover to be able to see again thus making suppressive fire etc actualy work!

anything that tries to be realistic is going to get things wrong, i just love battlefield because its just in all a brilliant attempt, as they actually mix all aspect into the game, unlike most where choppers tanks ect are killstreaks.

I just like getting a huge team together who spec in differnt areas and taking full advantage of those, like having a guy who is good at flying choppers can drop of a full squad airbourn style, or you can move in with boats and have a fwe guys in tanks doing artillery stikes and a few others with snipers covering your flank, and the maps are actually lagre enough to actually make full use of a sniper rifle. unlike COD where every map is a CQB map no larger then a council house. where a quick greande throw will reach across the map.

I find the single player rainbow six vegas to be rather good attempt

i love raibow six, altough majority of my time in that game was spent place c4 on rails then zipping down to blow my self off the map, too much fun

Pre-Vegas, the Rainbow series were amongst the most 'realistic' FPS around. I'm not saying there were the most, just because I didn't play enough FPSs around that time.

By the Vegas/V2 sub-series, they've lost some of the realism. Which to be honest, I agree with - they made it a little easier to play at the expense of some of the overly obsessive gameplay (such as putting the 3rd person cover bit in, the extra-magazine capacity, the ridiculous plot for V2...).

That said, when you set the difficulty to high, it's still one of the most realistic on the market.

Love using L85-ACOG as my long-arm, and MP5 with hi-cap for short range. Fun game.

what I love about R6V2 is you can make your own loudout, I made a Black Hawk Down one witht the M4 and 500 tactical (had to have a bit of creative licence) but normally i use the L85 or MP7 for CQB (both with hi-caps) with either the M4 (ACOG) or G3 (X6) or one of the LMGs

even on easy a sniper will still kill in one shot and most of the time other guns will aswell

• Supporters
while i do notice things that are done wrong in both games and films im not usualy that bothered if im honest, a game can never ever be realistic no matter what they do so i would rarther they made things look cooler/play better

for people who do like more realistic games i found battlefield 2 reality mod to be the best as they put a system where having bullets fly pastyour head darkens your screen giving you no choice but to duck for cover to be able to see again thus making suppressive fire etc actualy work!

BF3 has that PR suppression fire screen blur thing, so it ought to be pretty good.

It's the only game I'll be buying this year aside from Gears 3 for the campaign.

• Supporters

I think the cocking handle on the PSG1 was on the wrong side in Metal Gear Solid 2 and lets face it Airsofts like it when the guns aren't licensed because we get to play are 2nd favorite game

Name the Gun and B!tch about it :P

P.S. TF2 Forever

tf2_big.jpg

Just playing but it is a fun game and i dont see the point in fighting over the games until there out then we split into BF3 and MW3 and all meet up skirmish

but everyone'll be on the BF3 team, or they will be when they face me...

hmmm... interesting propesition the Flynn, due to the fact I own neither a Xbox or PS3 I am technically neutral,

so as a film maker I will judge my side on who has the charecters, story line and plot which ATM is looking like MW3 but we will see.....

• Supporters

Nickona, what do you play games on then?

my computer or my friends Xbox :) but I am also a God at Mario Kart

im new here so im gonna chip in my two cents :P

ITS A GAME!

its not designed to be a simulator its a mass marketed game.

It would be incredibly hard to design a 100% (or even 80%+) realistic game due to the horrific costs of game design and the fact it wouldn't sell... for instance in Iraq 55,000 insurgents where killed while 72 million small arms rounds where fired in the first 12 months!

imagine how frustration that would be? seeing as you can only carry 5 to 10 mags max harldy any players would get kills in a game all about killing.

Also if guns where accurate to the time period to the letter then there would be a distinct lack of customisation and also then you would get less knolageable people seeing a soildier with an M4 on TV and not being able to get in in a game due to realistic reasons.

Knowing a fair bit about games developing 99% of the process is motivated by profit 1% by desire to create a good game.

but bear this in mind...

There is allways gonna be some one whining :P

for instance in Iraq 55,000 insurgents where killed while 72 million small arms rounds where fired in the first 12 months!

imagine how frustration that would be? seeing as you can only carry 5 to 10 mags max harldy any players would get kills in a game all about killing.

haha I've probably done that already :)

• Supporters

If thats the case then they shouldn't claim to be the most realistic game

And seriously, if you were playing Rome total war and someone turned up with an m134, trust me, you'd be annoyed

If thats the case then they shouldn't claim to be the most realistic game

And seriously, if you were playing Rome total war and someone turned up with an m134, trust me, you'd be annoyed

I remember a rts game where you could start in dark ages then upgrade to space age if you were quick u could be using guns while they still used clubs funny at first got boring quick though

yeah thats defo empire earth. i know coz i still play that game like f*ck on game ranger servers :D

there's a new one; civilization V, slightly different but the same idea

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Everyone should just play Battlefield 2's Project Reality mod, because that's the most realistic thing I've ever played and it's insanely awesome when you get a full squad of people to talk to.

I just can't describe how good it is so I'm not even going to try, but it's practically 100% spot on in every aspect, firing your gun becomes an event, kills are few and far between, machine gunners can wipe out whole squads from miles away, snipers engage at beyond 600m etc etc, it's just awesome.

Plus, it has mumble for voice chat, so you can hear enemies chatting as well as your own team, whenever they're within earshot style ranges, around corners and what have you, which is probably the coolest idea ever in a tactical FPS, I can't believe consoles haven't done the same thing yet.

Everyone should just play Battlefield 2's Project Reality mod, because that's the most realistic thing I've ever played and it's insanely awesome when you get a full squad of people to talk to.

I just can't describe how good it is so I'm not even going to try, but it's practically 100% spot on in every aspect, firing your gun becomes an event, kills are few and far between, machine gunners can wipe out whole squads from miles away, snipers engage at beyond 600m etc etc, it's just awesome.

Plus, it has mumble for voice chat, so you can hear enemies chatting as well as your own team, whenever they're within earshot style ranges, around corners and what have you, which is probably the coolest idea ever in a tactical FPS, I can't believe consoles haven't done the same thing yet.

not sure thats quite right tbh lol

its a very good mod but by no means perfect and certainly not a game for the average user/cod player it does takes some learning to get the hang of but some of the armies/weapons are pretty awesome the british army with the sa80 family weapons made to look really good

i personally much rather battlefield over COD,

I mean the maps are huge you can have a full out war with tanks and choppers and it takes skill to know whow to use them effectivly. in cod you can throw a grenade at the furthest point on the map and it will easily reach the otherside, where you can hold down sprint for about 1 minute and you're at the other end of the map. and sniper rifles on COD are just pointless. its like using a .50cal rifle on a 20m range.

Archived