Games Getting It Wrong..

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hip firing with my M249 para on BFBC2 is fun, especially in CQB situations...

ooh, i will take a real one, if your willing to? plus, i would break my bones, i could hardly hold an air rifle a few years ago, let alone an M249 now..... :(

ooh, i will take a real one, if your willing to? plus, i would break my bones, i could hardly hold an air rifle a few years ago, let alone an M249 now..... :(

Are you built like a twig? can't hold an airrifle? I am 5-1!

• Supporters

I found a local .22 rifle club recently, single shot bolt actions only and they were ludicrously heavy for what they were.

It was like carrying an enormous lead bar around even though it was literally just a barrel, bolt and huge wooden frame.

But yeah, on the topic of the whole weight thing, my air rifle weighs about 2kg lol, you ought to try skirmishing with my gas M16. The gun weighs at least 5kg and then you have to carry at least 6 mags around which equates to about the same again, then there's the weight of ammo, gas, a pistol if you have one, pistol magazines. My vest is pretty heavy too.

I always felt like the hulk at the end of the day, I can't believe I ever managed to do it. :lol:

Ha, i love taking the piss out .22 clubs, they have the most rediculas rifle weights to them, my local .22 club isnt just for bolt actions though, they allow semis, but even loaaded with a drum mag my GSG is still lighter then most of their rifles.

and hip fire a m249 wouldnt be too hard, your aim would be sh*t but you could hold it there pretty well.

• Supporters

I wish I could get a GSG :(

My .22 club is just competition shooting through postal entries and you have to faff about wearing a stupid jacket and strapping the gun to your arm and you can only shoot from prone.

I just want to shoot the gun, not spend 6 months adjusting crappy straps.

Needless to say I didn't miss the 2.5 inch target once with my 40 shots at 25 yards on my first visit ever and I spent less than 5 minutes setting my jacket and everything up, even got 3 bullseyes. *smug face*

But yeah, since they only allow single shot bolt actions, there's no point me spending 6 months there to buy a GSG I can't use :(

i got mine as i went to bisley open shoot, and they were doing speed shooting, 5 shots 5 targets with a semi auto remminton, was alot of fun and from that moment i was like sh*t yeah i want one, but due to only being a .22 i didnt wana get a m4 or the 416 .22 then saw the gsg and was like sh*t yeah im having it, although i did have a g22, but that was for a very short time, wasnt a fan on it, nice to shoot but looked like crap.

and yeah, 5 head shots at 25m using only 5 rounds, = 1.92 seconds, when zombie plauge hits im going to be safe.

well as i said a few years ago meaning i was 9 or 10....and plus the PGL i went to, they had heavy, i mean heavy, air rifles, heck i thought it was a place for kids.

Grand Theft Auto annoys me how they never use the right names just, advanced sniper etc.

I know loads on the MW2 LSW is wrong but tbh i'm just pleased to see a british gun :)

On black ops the enfield is either a SA80 prototype which would make it well out of date or an EM-2 which looks nothing like it and was used by no one

if it is then that may be time accurate but no one ever used it, it was purely prototype i believe

Yeah it wad, but in black ops, the 'SOG' were supposed to be given access to new experimental weapons, like the mp5k and the Aug

haha! I watched an interview with the military advisor for CoD and he said they listened but ignored him on a long of points like smoke (was the one he mentioned) in real life they take like 15 secs to fill but in cod it takes 3

The Enfield is mostly an XL64, however there are one or two XL70- parts. Not the EM-2. The EM-2 has absolutely nothing to do with the SA80 project, other than being a bullpup and built in the Enfield factory.

There were multiple prototypes of the XL64 model made, most of which saw trial service. I've seen one or two photos of them on trial in the mid 1970s in N.Ire. There are rumours that a few of the XL60s (64, 65) and the XL70s saw service in the Falklands, but I have seen absolutely no proof of this other than hear-say. So it's sort of time accurate (give or take a year or two), a fully working Enfield is possible, but the Yanks having them? Absolutely not. There's no way in hell that they'd be given to any other nation.

But then as I said 2 pages ago, this is a game where fully functioning AUG A1s are around a good 8 years before the first paper design existed, or having fully functional thermal cameras...

As for that expert, I'm sure I read on one gaming website last year (Escapist and or Ko-thingy) that he wad outed as a fraud who had no real military experience and had been writing books for years. (But I may be mistaking him for another military consultant in games)

wouldnt supprise me, i mean ljust play the game and it will tell you, the only thing they got right about any type of war zone, is that there are guns and bullets, thats all they got right

having fully functional thermal cameras...

As for that expert, I'm sure I read on one gaming website last year (Escapist and or Ko-thingy) that he wad outed as a fraud who had no real military experience and had been writing books for years. (But I may be mistaking him for another military consultant in games)

Oh and I'm sure that although they had colour TV, a camera spike like that?

and has anyone mentioned how the L96 traveled back intime from 1982???

If he had been i wouldn't be surplrised as he didn't seem too concerned about getting stuff wrong but had a quick google and it doesn't look like it

Like I said, I know one popular FPS's military advisor turned out to be a fake (and had also been a consultant on a few films, and he had personally written several books on special operations warfare in 'Nam) but I'm not 100% certain it is that specific guy (I'm only saying this to avoid slander/libel.... etc)

In other news, Andy McNab wrote some of the plot for BF3, and is also their technical consultant.

Archived