Games Getting It Wrong..

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Any games that really annoy you simply because they get a gun wrong, for example the name, or features on the gun.

I was playing Counter Strike: Source earlier, and noticed that on the M4, the forward assist is on the left, the bolt cover is on the left and the carry handle screws are on the right. Seems to me like a left handed M4, but it's held in the player's right hand.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M416.png

Where's the ejection port or the right side?! you would of thought a great game like Bad Company 2 would've got it right.

same with this M16A2 in Bad Comp. 2:

M16A2_SA_BC2.png

• Supporters

They also have the M16 carry handle wrong, the screws to remove it should be on the left.

what bugs the hell out of me, is when people asume the rear sight is a carry handle. if it is fixed to the upper, and imean is actually apart of the upper then yes its a carry handle, if it is designed to be removed like the SA80, then it is not a carry handel, Why?

Because when you pick the rifle up by the handle you just lost your zero. by picking it up by the "handle" you would of adjusted the rear sights and bugger up the zero on the rifle.

And when films insist on putting a huge flame "the flash" when a gun shoots, you get that when using blanks yes bu the majority of the time the gun wont have a visible flame come out the end why..hmm lets see coz its a huge f*cking give away as to where you are, which is why cordite was used in guns insted of traditional gun powder.

it doesnt bother me too much when games use differnt names, as christ the M4 model although people know it as an M4 it could actually be about 10 differnt thngs, same with an AK-47. most people would asume its an ak-47, when it could be an AN-47, a type 57 ect ect.

and it seems in films every one is unbelivable sh*t at aiming a gun.......any one else notice this fact?

and also people hiding behind standard car doors maybe if the guy shooting at you havd .22 bullets....but hang on he shooting you with an AK......that would go right though.

i could go on for f*cking donkey years on this topic, i am quite a gun nut, and there is very little i dont know.

• Supporters

Surely it would still be a carry handle? As it has a handle for carrying the gun with?

its not a carry handel........go up to any army bloke tell him its a carry handel and sit back while he slaps you really f*cking hard for calling it a carry handle, only if it is a soild e.g. non removable like with original M16 design thn yes its a carry handle,

• Supporters

Fair enough, I'm still going to call it a carry handle though because I carry my gun with it..

OK: The reason for the BFBC2 left handed ejection port is becasue some people like to view the moving parts of the gun. Adds a new element to it.

I HATE Call of duty with a passion!

1) Why the HELL does the M14 have a pistol grip! Only the VERY rare LMG version has one and that is full auto!

2) Most of the guns in Shat Ops were never even made in the time period!

3) The ASP was never used by ANY special forces

4) The silencer is TO SMALL for the Barret M82, It would rip it to shreads!

I could go on forever...

Why the hell is an 'L96' in black ops?? What were they thinking?

Buy BF3 :)

The G11, only 2 prototypes made (Apparently) yet 500 happened to be in korea?! :P

• Supporters

Not on xbox anymore, everyone just quick scopes, it's pointless.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - All of the weapons are inverted for 'coolness' factor. On some, this just means shell casings flying across your chest (or into your chest). In others, like the L85 (sorry, "IL86" :rolleyes: ) it means getting a charging handle to the face. However - aside from that, the majority of the details are fine (if you just ignore the inverted weapons. They're still held in the correct hands, it's just the controls are inverted...).

The majority of Black Ops' guns are in long before their time.

Hong Kong in the 1960's (all the way to 1997) was one of the most strongly defended British territories. You did not have hundreds of soviet speztnaz running around :rolleyes:

The AUG. First designs drawn in 1974. Yet in 1968, we have fully functional AUGA1s.

The H&K G11 isn't around until 1994.

Enfield reload is incorrect (if not outright impossible)

The LSW in MW2.

It has a quick-release barrel change grip. It has the handguard of an L85a1. It RIS glued down the left, right and top faces of the receiever. The 100 round MP5 drum mag. The (backwards) rear M4 sight, and the fore-sight. Both of them would be physically impossible to aim down if your head was bigger than that of a 5 year olds. The SUSAT with no magnification and green paint (at least they got the obylisk aimpoint correct). Reload is incorrect (again, like the Enfield it's very difficult to do it like that)

you NEVER take your right hand of the rifle NEVER every British soldier knows this :angry:

black ops i could make a list but it's easier just to put down black ops.

It's easier to say what Black Ops got right.

Err... The 'ACOG' for AKs, that's correct model. But I don't think it was made until the 1970s (probably wrong though, AK's aren't my topic)

It isn't so much the "against army training" bit, it's more the physical possibility of it.

I've tried on many occasion to remove a mag from an SA80 like that, and I've done it twice I think, with very great difficulty.

It's hard to get your right hand (so the wrong hand) around the mag, magwell and mag-release button all at the same time, whilst simultaneously pulling the mag out (all of which are designed to be used with your left hand), whilst balancing the rifle by handguard in your left hand and in your armpit.

It's like they modeled it on an MP5 or G36 mag-release lever behind the magwell. The Enfield in BLack Ops (based on the XL60) did have a mag-release like that, but due to the location (almost horizontal, and is pulled towards the user, rather than pushed away like on the H&Ks) you still have to use the left hand.

Add a sling to the mix, and things get even more difficult. Like I said, I've only ever managed it twice, with very very loose fitting mags.

• Supporters

I still use guns as their supposed to be used, well, as best as CoD allows.

What's with Black Ops and the stupid diving on the floor? Seriously, who would ever do that!?

• Supporters

What really annoys me, aside from all the left handed guns being used right handed, is when you reload guns wrong.

On BFBC2 when the mag is empty you hardly cock ANYTHING! Snipers are the only guns that all function properly.

Everything else you just replace the mag, apart from a few things, like the M16.

Is everything magically open bolt or something?

Also on BFBC2, with the M16 series rifles, the ejection port has the dust cover closed all the time and when you fire it flaps open and shut, what the hell is going on there?!

Then there's people getting the mag capacities wrong, naming an M16 the A4 model when it's firing in full auto and people not understanding what a chamber round is.

Only CoD (pre-Black Ops) and Rainbow 6 games are good at everything gun related but I hate CoD because of the idiotic playing style and the fact that it churns out 5 year olds who think they know everything when actually they're retarded.

Like, yesterday I commented on a BF3 video saying that they'd named the M16 wrong and that it should be the A3 not an A4 because the A4 is burst and I got a reply saying, "Y'know very few guns have a dedicated burst mode? Just 'cos CoDMW2 did it doesn't mean it's true" and I was like, *RAAAAGGGEEEEE* I'm not retarded. I know my stuff otherwise I wouldn't comment about it.

Anyone noticed when an LMG is empty on BFBC2 (MG3 for example) it has rounds in the drum/box magazine...hey wait, i was empty, otherwise i would still be suppressing the enemies for my mates!

• Supporters
Anyone noticed when an LMG is empty on BFBC2 (MG3 for example) it has rounds in the drum/box magazine...hey wait, i was empty, otherwise i would still be suppressing the enemies for my mates!

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot to mention that. *Ashamed face*

I also hate how in some of the weapon descriptions on the stats screen on BFBC2 it mentions the mag capacity. But then, in game when you're using it, it's totally different.

Like for the M14 it states it has a 20 round mag and for the M9 it says 15.

Yet when you equip them, they have 10 and 12 respectively. It's so homosexual!

Ever noticed how picky we are, one false thing and we are set off? Not a bad thing, just saying lol.

Archived