what they use

lil airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok this is just a guide to help those starting a loadout, it is by no means all inclusive.

british army :sa 80 series, minimi, p226, l96a1, l115a3, l129a1, gpmg, l1a1, mp5 variants.

sas : all of the above, g36c/k, steyr aug, ar15 variants, m107.

bundswher :g36 (several variants), mg4, hk21, mp7, mp5, p8, .

• Supporters

might be worth adding the l119a1 too

Bundeswehr

Standard light weapons

Heckler & Koch G36—5.56 mm x 45 assault rifle (Version G36K and G36C for several branches including Special Forces)

Heckler & Koch MG4—5.56 mm light machine gun

MG3—7.62 mm x 51 machine gun

G8—7.62 mm x 51 automatic rifle, only used by special forces

HK21E—7.62 mm x 51 machine gun, only used by special forces

M3M-12.7 mm x 99 heavy machine gun, used on armored vehicles and CH-53 helicopters

Heckler & Koch MP7—4.6 mm x 30 submachine gun, replacing the MP2

MP2—9 x 19 mm submachine gun

Heckler & Koch MP5—9 x 19 mm submachine gun, used by various units like the Feldjäger and special forces

Heckler & Koch P8—9 x 19 mm pistol

Remington 870 - shotgun, used in small numbers by special forces and the military police (Feldjäger)

G22—7.62 mm x 66.5B sniper rifle

G24—sniper rifle, only used by special forces

G82—sniper rifle

HK MSG3—7.62 mm x 51 designated marksman rifle

Dynamit Nobel Panzerfaust 3—anti-tank rocket launcher

Raytheon Fliegerfaust 2 (FIM-92 Stinger)—infrared homing surface-to-air missile

MILAN—anti-tank guided missile system

Granatpistole 40mm—grenade launcher

HK GMG—grenade autocannon

AG36—grenade launcher

KM2000—172 mm tantō style blade standard combat knife

british army modern

1 Pistols

1.1 Browning Pistol (L9A1)

1.2 P226 SIG Pistol (L105A1, L105A2 and L106A1)

2 Rifles and Shotguns

2.1 Rifle 5.56 (L85A2)

2.2 Light Support Weapon (L86A2)

2.3 Sharpshooter rifle (L129A1)

2.3.1 Heckler & Koch (HK417)

2.4 Sniper rifle (L96)

2.5 Long-Range Rifle (L115A3)

2.6 Barrett (M82)

2.7 Combat Shotgun (L128A1)

3 Machine guns

3.1 Minimi light machine gun (L108A1/L110A1)

3.2 FN MINIMI™ 7.62 Machine Gun

3.3 General Purpose Machine Gun (L7A2)

3.4 Heavy Machine Gun (L2A1)

3.5 Heckler & Koch 40mm Grenade Machine Gun

• Supporters

Damn.

Anyways, a USMS loadout would be very simple.

I won't cover their anti-drug/mexico jurisdiction setups, just their plainclothes enforcement one. They make for an awesome law-enforcement loadout, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, they're cheap, mostly civvy stuff and the odd assault vest. The guns are all fairly standard. Also, they're hard as nuts. When you see the FBI charge into a massive druglab or whatever in all their bullet proof gear in shows like Fringe, that's not what the FBI do, that's the USMS, the FBI then casually walk in once the USMS have put bullets into everything.

Clothing wise, during research, I've found a lot of them wear blue jeans, a t-shirt, some sort of trucker cap, boots of any kind and sunglasses (dark ballistic glasses for us). They then simply wear an assault vest with two patches "USMS" and "Police", one front, one back, no real etiquette for which is which. They also tend to stick to drop leg holsters.

Guns?

M4A1, RIS if you want it, no lasers usually, but a red dot (aimpoint) and a barrel mounted torch are standard. Crane stocks feature less than normal sliders. Any long shotgun, Glock pistols (usually the G17) and that just about covers it.

Real easy loadout if you want to do something a bit different with a law enforcement twinge, but not the usual SWAT, CO19 sort of thing...

• Supporters

I'd quite like a Russian loadout at some point in the future, but there aren't enough Russian airsoft guns aside from the AK series.

For example, why isn't there an Abakan AN-94 or a VSS Threadcutter? Or even a 9A-91.

It's depressing =(

most pmc's use m4/hk416 but ive seen some with ak47/74's but that's mostly the Americans

RMP and dog-handlers use the P229, rather than P226.

SA80-KA2 (the 'L22' or 'AFV' carbine) is also used by dog handlers, some reccie-mechs and some tankie units (it seems highly random how they distribute them). (FYI, unlike the L85/L86, it is refered to as SA80K, rather than a 'land-systems' L8- designation.

The Royal Marines have the Accuracy International AW50 (can't remember designation)

MOD Police from what I've seen use both the entire SA80 family and the MP7

PMC depends on who they are and dates. For example, at the start of 2004, most British PMCs in Iraq had various AK-types, and MP5s (the latter actually confiscated from the Iraqis) However, towards the end of UK involvement in Iraq, you could certainly see PMCs with the generic M4A1 with ACOGs, the MP5s and other SMGs replaced by short-barreled carbines.

Blackwater - generally seem to have the very best of American equipment (I've read an interview with one Ranger who complained that BW had better equipment than him!)

The SAS, SBS and the US Deltaforce used the Sterling L34 SMG in Iraq - usually the 'A4' suppressed variant. Issued to vehicle drivers, mounted under the dashboard on bungie cord.

I hope I get this the correct way round - US Army use the M16 (A2-4), whilst the USMC use the M4 and M4A1. Both use the M240 and M249 variants.

Delta's special warfare group used to use the HK416 until 2008, however they were replaced (much to their annoyance) with bog standard M4s (due to 'financial issues') No idea what their 'standard' kit is now.

The US bought a craptonne of Glock 19s and 22s (in .40 and .45) for both Iraq and Afghanistan when special forces found that the fine sand of both countries got into their custom M1911s and pretty much ruined them.

IIRC Delta still use the P226, after they rejected the standard issue M9 in 1984 due to reliability issues.

• Supporters

What's USMS stand for Finius? Seems like a possible loadout, as I have an M4 and Glock 17..

Can anyone find me a picture or load out for USMS please, I've tried searching, I either get United States Masters Swimming, or just badges, not what is actually used/worn. Thanks :)

• Supporters

Thanks, now I know what it means, I can probably find better pictures than United States Masters Swimming....

• 2 weeks later...
The SAS, SBS and the US Deltaforce used the Sterling L34 SMG in Iraq - usually the 'A4' suppressed variant. Issued to vehicle drivers, mounted under the dashboard on bungie cord.

but thats a Sten Gun!

politely stfu NOW there is a sten gun and a sterling gun which replaced the sten gun

new army requests

german army:k98, mp40, mp43,mp44,stg44,stg45,luger p08,mg42, stielngrahte, p38, fg42, captured guns, reproduced sten, mp45(good luck finding one)

american army:browning machine gun, springfield, garand rifle,m1a1,m3(a1)

british(+colonial army)sten gun, sterling, smle enfield, webley, gp 35, lend lease weapons.

politely stfu NOW there is a sten gun and a sterling gun which replaced the sten gun

yes I know the difference (that was my Dads Personal weapon) but I was mearly alarmed at the fact that Hubert said that they used it in Iraq, when there have to be far better guns

german army:k98, mp40, mp43,mp44,stg44,stg45,luger p08,mg42, stielngrahte, p38, fg42, captured guns, reproduced sten, mp45(good luck finding one)

modern, surly too easy, G36A2, G36, MG36, MG4 (i think), G36K. pistol the P8 anyone feel free to add and correct me.

But there is one thing that isnt right here, you say german army, i say all german forces (just assault rifles -the P8)

yes I know the difference (that was my Dads Personal weapon) but I was mearly alarmed at the fact that Hubert said that they used it in Iraq, when there have to be far better guns

Like I said, it was used as a driver's door gun, but only in Iraq and Afghanistan - both we and the yanks used them. Mounted on all (or most) SF vehicles, both combat (land rovers, hummers) and the covert civilian cars.

It's one of the smallest, powerful and - most important - reliable (in sandy conditions) SMGs around. The fact that the L34 Sterling is still in service with the Indian armed forces shows how good it is - 70 years on, it's still in service. The reason it was used over other small SMGs - like the MP5K, MP7 and so on - is that the others aren't terribly reliable in very dusty conditions (and unlike the MP7, it uses a very common round).

The Sterling is a very low maintenance weapon, meaning it can be used as a driver's emergency quick response weapon. It isn't meant to replace his rifle/carbine - it's mounted under the dashboard/on the door with a bungie coard - if whilst you're on a covert mission someone walks over to your car and realises that you're SF, you can very quickly pull the Sterling out.

The Philipenes military still use the M3 'grease gun'. I can't find the photos anymore, but they've modded the crap out of them. I remember an outcry by classic gun fanatics, because the things were covered in RIS and the like.

Archived