Thinking of doing a custom M4

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there guys, i'm going to be making a custom M4... but before I start on what I am going to do I just wanna point something out; you are probably thinking "OMG, someone without a UKARA is gonna manufacture a RiF" well I have got a plan... what I do is I keep the original Handguard and Stock and spray them orange or green or whatever... then they stay on the gun during storage and transport, then I swap out the parts when I get to the site... so it should be all legal...

Here's my to buy list:

A JG M4 - £135 from Novat

A two-piece RIS, (so I can mount a barrel mounted M203, but I will put the wires through one of the hole thingys and mount the batterys in a PEQ box) - I don't know... can someone link me to a decent one please... not to expensive)

APS Battle Tele Stock - £25 from Action Hobbies

A full metal Reciever - £40 from Action Hobbies

SRC CNC Warthog Flash Hider - £20 from Action Hobbies

Magpul (yes I included magpul) PTS MOE Pistol Grip - £16 from Fire Support

So thats all the externals...

Internals (for now)

TBB - £30

New metal hop up - £30

Hop Rubber - £10

All in all - £306 not Including the RIS

So any suggestions? and whoever finds me a cheapish 2 piece RIS gets a Cookie

Thanks,

Mitchell

• Supporters

Tbh, I wouldn't consider it custom unless it was built from the ground up otherwise its just upgrading/changing the look of it...

But anyway it looks like an ok list but you'd probably be better of spending £300+ quid on a better gun, beg it g&p, vfc, ca or tm

• AF-UK Founding Member

My question would be do you need it? You recently got the Scar and have other things at your disposal too. Whilst it is entirely your choice perhaps if you have that money going spare you could spend it on what you already have? Just a suggestion.

Indeed I do, but it can only take the G&G Blowback Reciever which is plastic... and I'm probs gonna sell it soon due to it being not very reliable... and although I do not need it, I don't have anything better to spend my money on... although I have been looking at the TM VZ61... I'm still debating whether to do it or not tbh...

Well I think it is worth you customising the scar as in buy a black reciever if poss and change on site plus diff length barrels for a DMR , standard and cqb lengths that would be cool plus an ACOG or aimpoint always looks nice

Archived