Illumination

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

After a fairly miserable night skirmish last evening where basically, due to no-one having ANY illumination, we all just sat in trenches waiting for an attacking force that walked right round us, got confused and started shooting each other instead of us, I have decided to purchase a weapon light.

I want something bright, really really bright. But I also want something cheap. A pressure switch would be ideal, as would a barrel mount instead of a RIS mount (my L85 has no RIS, and it never will do either).

Suggestions?

EBay, chinese etc all fine, but would prefer any claims of greatness to be backed up with personal experience.

Cheers.

• Supporters

Not airsoft, but what I do for night games is get my bike light and cable tie it just beneath my front sight. It's stupidly bright and amazing, but it did cost me £40 and isn't really practical to be taking on and off. It also looks rather silly, but was much better than everyone else's gun lights.

• Supporters

If you buy one, let me know how good it is and if it's worth it please. I'm also looking for one, but never really know which is bright..

According to another forum, the solarforce l2 is supposed to be very good and sub£30, as well as cree 300 lumens (£10 or less) and both can be bought off ebay and can be mounted easily via tape or scope mounts to your gun.

Archived