Posting RIFs via ParcelForce

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, I'm swapping my gun via the forums and I've never posted a gun before, so I've just been looking on ParcelForce's website and found a page about things they can't send, entitled: "Prohibitions and restrictions".

http://www2.parcelforce.com/help-informati...nd-restrictions

Amongst which, shockingly I know, were firearms.

Included in the category list were replicas and toy guns, which I'm sure an airsoft RIF must fall into.

Whenever I've bought a gun in the UK, it's always been ParcelForce that's delivered it though. So can I send via them, or what?

I was thinking of posting via the Postoffice and paying for the Express48 service, which ought to add up to something in the region of £20.

Does anyone advise insuring the parcel? 'Cos it sounds expensive.

The whole faff is kinda putting me off the whole sale, can anyone reassure me?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Seems a bit pricey. Have you looked at http://www.parcel2go.com/ or similar?

I doubt most people read any of that spiel hence people just use whoever to get things sent, with the view that they won't know. Not that I condone breaking any these companies policies.

Face to face swap is best for many reasons, and if you were going to spend £20 on postage, that'd get you a good amount of fuel.

• Supporters

The fuel thing is a good point, but I've not passed my test yet lol.

Plus, I figure ParcelForce is the best because we're going to post on the same day and send each other the tracking code, so if one doesn't get the other's code, we can recall our parcel.

If there are other companies that can issue a tracking code then I might use them instead, otherwise I'll just cover the massive "WE M16 A3" stamp with the postal address or something lol.

• Supporters

Wrap the box in a couple of black bin bags, does the trick ;)

I used it to send my my R85 to get fixed. Several Times.

Simple, cover box in brown paper (a few layers) and string, write shop address on the box (they'll usually put a big stamp on anyway with the sort code).

Insuring it? I did. Whilst it may seem a bit pricey, the last thing you want is for it to go 'missing'.

Phone a courier and get more details.

I sent a RIF through interparcel a while back and it never arrived at its destination so they have declared it "lost in the system" and that i should start the claim process, problem is that imitation firearms are on their prohibited items list so i put down something else in the package details bit when booking, so, they now want proof of value and want to see the origional ad for said item which i clearly cant show them as its a RIF so at the moment im £200 down and pretty p****ed off.

Spend a few more quid and find a courier that will deal with it legally incase it all goes tits up.

The fuel thing is a good point, but I've not passed my test yet lol.

Plus, I figure ParcelForce is the best because we're going to post on the same day and send each other the tracking code, so if one doesn't get the other's code, we can recall our parcel.

If there are other companies that can issue a tracking code then I might use them instead, otherwise I'll just cover the massive "WE M16 A3" stamp with the postal address or something lol.

I always use Hermes which is listed on the parcel to go website which Devastator mentioned,"sporting goods" is the tag I always use,you can track it and ask for a signature..

Recall your parcel?What in transit?Never heard of that..by the time you inform them the other will be at the destination,tracking numbers are not necessarily updated quickly so you might find your tracking number temporarily lost in a "void".... :blink:

Just be sure that the other trader is trustworthy,all sales are trust based anyway but it helps if they are a long standing trusted member...

• AF-UK Founding Member
Phone a courier and get more details.

I sent a RIF through interparcel a while back and it never arrived at its destination so they have declared it "lost in the system" and that i should start the claim process, problem is that imitation firearms are on their prohibited items list so i put down something else in the package details bit when booking, so, they now want proof of value and want to see the origional ad for said item which i clearly cant show them as its a RIF so at the moment im £200 down and pretty p****ed off.

Spend a few more quid and find a courier that will deal with it legally incase it all goes tits up.

Whilst I would never recommend such a thing, couldn't one 'fiddle' it anyway? :P

Whilst I would never recommend such a thing, couldn't one 'fiddle' it anyway?

fiddling it sounds so...unprofessional.

Im going with "manipulating the system" :P

Archived